INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concurrent ripping problems  (Read 1514 times)

FollyDude

Concurrent ripping problems
« on: November 29, 2016, 04:46:10 pm »

I have a system that has 9 optical drives for concurrent ripping. I put it together because I needed to rip several hundred DVDs and over 1000 CDs. Unfortunately MC22 only rips the last disk entered. My set up worked on previous versions of MC. The only real big difference is I'm now running Win 10 instead of 8. Is there a setting I need to change to allow concurrent ripping?

FollyDude

Re: Concurrent ripping problems
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:17:44 pm »

Responding to my own thread . . . :o

I found the "Encode concurrently with ripping" box which limits you to one rip.
Frankly, it's been at least 10 years since a computer could not rip more than one audio stream and quad core, hyper-threading CPUs have been mainstream for a long time. Isn't time to 1) change the default and 2) reconsider the concept of 'concurrent encoding' to accommodate a modern multi-threading, multi-core, Gflop world?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:57:00 pm »

MC does a good job of using multiple threads, but sometimes other pieces, like encoders aren't thread safe.

FollyDude

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 02:17:29 pm »

Well, it still does not do concurrent rip even with combined processes at 17, encode at 8, and rip at 9. It will only rip one disk and the remainders just sit there, even though they appear to have all the tracks queued up for ripping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up