INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shuffle all and other moves ramp CPU up which never comes down  (Read 1292 times)

cutandcover

• Recent member
Shuffle all and other moves ramp CPU up which never comes down
« on: December 03, 2016, 02:33:56 am »

I don't always use JRemote with my Mac JRiver setup, but I've noticed something lately which is a bit troubling. When using JRemote to queue an album to play, the album goes into the Now Playing list and starts playing, and my Mac's CPU (and fan) are normal and quiet. This is true for almost all applications with this combination (latest JRemote and JRiver MC for Mac). But occasionally I enjoy scanning the list of albums, songs, etc. on JRemote and switching out songs, adding songs to the queue, etc. and of course, going to Songs and telling it to shuffle and play all. Somewhere in there, my Mac's CPU goes rocketing up (Mac Mini i5) to about 150% and stays there, no matter what else I try. Even shutting down JRemote, stopping play, queueing a single track playlist, etc. does not stop this CPU usage. Ultimately, if I quit MC, the media server will not quit unless I force quit it from Activity Monitor. I wouldn't normally care about any of this, but the fan noise from the Mac Mini gets loud when the CPU usage spikes and remains constant at a high utilization. I should say that while this CPU usage is way up, the only thing I notice from JRemote or MC that stops working correctly is that in JRemote, the Songs view will not load. It says something like "Something went wrong, try again" with a reload button, which refuses to load again until force-quit and relaunched. So I think something in the transfer of information between MC and JRemote gets hung, which forces CPU to remain high. Everything else keeps working - I can keep adding songs, playing, and changing playlists without issue. This is 100% repeatable with a certain amount of "playing around" with JRemote. If needed, I can do a screencap from normal CPU use watching it ramp up with some JRemote activity as described.
Pages: [1]   Go Up