INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and Roku Ultra - Roku Media Player  (Read 2528 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
JRiver and Roku Ultra - Roku Media Player
« on: December 11, 2016, 10:29:41 am »

HI there,

I just purchased a Roku Ultra as I needed to update my WDTV devices.  It works quickly and plays all content.

However, the biggest issue is that I am unable to modify the listing views through the Roku Media Player.  I would like to find another way to display my content rather than the messy horizontal/vertical view that is built into this app (which is silly in my opinion).  I would simply like to see a list of all my media within a directory in alphabetical order that I can scroll down.

Anyone have suggestions for another Roku friendly app? 

Or any other powerful but easy to use (and relatively inexpensive) streaming device that does 4k?

Dave

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver and Roku Ultra - Roku Media Player
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:30:46 pm »

Someone would need to write a Roku app for MC. Same is going to go for any other device you use, without a native app it will rely on it's internal DLNA support and that is usually on par with what you are seeing on the Roku in my experience.

This is probably my biggest 'wish' for MC - that they would embrace the new app ecosystem out there and get on as many platforms as possible.

My current solution is to use MC to catalog/manage my media and for high quality playback in the home via the HTPC in my projector room and JRemote. Then I use Plex to distribute the content around the house or when I am on the road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up