INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot see DLNA Servers or Renderers in the PLAYING NOW tab....  (Read 2356 times)

alanainslie

Cannot see DLNA Servers or Renderers in the PLAYING NOW tab....
« on: December 20, 2016, 05:41:13 pm »

The user guides for MC22 explain that I should see the DLNA renderers on the network under the PLAYING NOW tab.

Also the DLNA Servers on the network should be seen in the same location.

I see neither.

This is a Win10 PC hardwired to network.  The Windows discovery on the PC shows all DLNA servers OK.  Also shows the available renderers.  So firewall is not blocking DLNA.

All that is shown under the PLAYING NOW tab is Player (but no options)
and Playing from Main Library.  Below is a Main Library and an ADD LIBRARY icon.

The ADD LIBRARY dialogue allows for typing a path to DLNA server. Type the IP address but no content is shown.  There is a Twonky server at the IP address.

Is there a checklist of what I need to look for in order to make this work OK.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot see DLNA Servers or Renderers in the PLAYING NOW tab....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 12:38:26 am »

Check the settings in JRiver to see if the DLNS functions are enabled in JRiver.  From the main menu

Tools/Options/Media Network

The "Use media network..." checkbox should be checked.

Click on advanced and be sure that the DLNA functions that you want JRiver to perform are checked.

To see and play to renderers from files managed by JRiver, the control and server functions should be checked.

To see and play selections managed by other DLNA servers, the control function should checked.

alanainslie

Re: Cannot see DLNA Servers or Renderers in the PLAYING NOW tab....
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 03:18:16 pm »

Got it!!

Many thanks.

So we are now taking the Library from Melco N1 Music Library and Playing either on networked Player, or on Melco N1 into USB DAC.

But with the fantastic control of the JRiver interface.

Nice!

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up