INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting Pono Device  (Read 4234 times)

Martyy

• Recent member
Connecting Pono Device
« on: December 29, 2016, 11:25:14 am »

Before I take the final step and connect my Pono device to my new laptop with MC I had a few questions. Will it give me the same prompts as Pono Music World? I do not want to sync my device and just want to transfer or delete files. Just want to make sure I won't lose any of the music currently on the device. Also, I assume it will give me the choice of transferring to either the E drive (internal device drive) or the F drive (micro SD card)?
Thanks in helping me in my transition to MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Connecting Pono Device
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 12:08:40 pm »

It should be the same, but you could wait for someone else to reply.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:52:38 pm »

Before I take the final step and connect my Pono device to my new laptop with MC I had a few questions. Will it give me the same prompts as Pono Music World? I do not want to sync my device and just want to transfer or delete files. Just want to make sure I won't lose any of the music currently on the device. Also, I assume it will give me the choice of transferring to either the E drive (internal device drive) or the F drive (micro SD card)?
Thanks in helping me in my transition to MC.

I used PMW and now MC22. I found the prompts and behavior to be the same including the ability to select either the internal Pono drive or the removable MicroSD.

There may be a slight difference when deleting files from the Pono player. After you select the ones you want to delete, you may need to do a right click to delete - not hit the delete button.

After you drag files to the sync window you should be able to transfer them to the Pono Player the same as before.

Do you have all the music on the Pono Player also stored on the PC? If not I'd suggest you back the music up from the Pono Player to the PC first. That way there is no risk of losing some of your music. If you have a spare MicroSD, you could also use that one for practice until you are comfortable with the new software.

Martyy

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 03:03:42 pm »

Randy,
That is helpful. How do I backup the files on my Pono device to my new Laptop?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 03:39:55 pm »

Randy,
That is helpful. How do I backup the files on my Pono device to my new Laptop?
Just make a folder on your desktop. You can then access the Pono drive and copy the contents to the new folder on your desktop. You can do this outside of the MC software - Finder on a Mac - File Explorer in Windows 10.

Pages: [1]   Go Up