INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Windows - cannot connect  (Read 2882 times)

Ad Astra

• Recent member
JRemote Windows - cannot connect
« on: December 26, 2016, 09:54:07 am »

Hi

I have purchased a copy of JRemote and installed it on my iPad. I have enabled Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA in JRiver MC on my HTPC. Under services I can see JRiver Media Center 22 Service is running as local system account.

I cannot connect JRemote on my iPad to MC unless I logon to the user account on the HTPC that I use to run JRiver MC. Ideally I would just like to boot my HTPC and connect my iPad; having to logon to a user account on the HTPC is not ideal.

Everything is running locally, no external WAN connections involved.

I assume the Windows firewall settings are working OK as I can play music when I am logged on to my HTPC. Any ideas how to get JRemote to work just by booting the PC?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote Windows - cannot connect
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 04:56:45 pm »

Does it work if you launch jriver mc desktop, and connect jremote using the access key?
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

Ad Astra

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »

Yes, If I log in to my HTPC and run MC then I can connect via JRemote on my iPad.

I do not want to have to log in to my HTPC (kinda defeats the object of using JRemote, if I have to go to the lounge and get the keyboard out). I was hoping that simply powering the HTPC on was sufficient as the service is then running. Have I missed something out in setting up my system?

Ad Astra

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 04:25:12 am »

I have done some investigation on my Windows configuration:

jrservice.exe is started up as a service so will run when HTPC is booted.

mediacentre22.exe is run at logon time. I guess this is why I cannot connect using JRemote unless I logon to the user account.

Is there a way to setup JRiver on the server PC so that a simple boot is sufficient, e.g. in response to a wake on LAN packet?

Pages: [1]   Go Up