INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone 5 crashes after playing one song  (Read 2643 times)

Dirk_

• Recent member
iPhone 5 crashes after playing one song
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:57:51 am »

Hello,

I need your help.

I have got JRiver Media Center on a Windows Homeserver and stream music to JRemote 3.23 on my iPhone 5, so I am able to listen to my music where ever I go or drive. Fantastic Software!

Now with one of last updates of iOS, I think it was to the recent iOS version 10.2, the fun had gone:

After choosing for example a complete album with many tracks, JRemote only plays the first track and the crashes. The app "unloads" from memory. After a new start of JRemote my server must be searched again, nothing is playing or is in the playlist and after choosing for example  a complete album with... (see above), which means the error is repeatable.

Has anybody got an idea, how to solve these problems?

Best Regards from Germany
Dirk

Update: Found something concerning 32Bit and iOS 10: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108250.0.html

So the Question is: Can I up- or downgrade JRemote 3.23? Or is it JRiver Media Center 20.0.123?

And if it is JRiver Media Center, is there a patch, because I haven't got the latest version because of an older OS, Windows Home Server 2011.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: iPhone 5 crashes after playing one song
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 04:27:07 am »

It's a jremote issue not mc.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

Dirk_

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 10:22:58 am »

Well, thanks a lot, but unfortunately I have'n got any ipa-file in iTunes for JRemote.

BCW3621

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 12:43:44 pm »

Hi,

I just posted a similar problem re: JRemote 3.23 on my iPad. Basically, it plays only one track (whichever one I specify) and crashes with ten seconds remaining. You can see my post for more details.

Anyhow, maybe the problem was this particular version of JRemote?  I wish I can install the previous version which was working just fine.

Cheers,
Brian (in Toronto)

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:55:48 pm »

V3.24 resolves this.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

Dirk_

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 02:20:23 pm »

Problems are solved - thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up