INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Remote Sync failure  (Read 1614 times)

joechip

• Recent member
Library Remote Sync failure
« on: January 01, 2017, 02:06:13 am »

Hello. Thanks for any suggestions you can make on this one. I'm currently running JRiver Media Center on my HTPC as a library server. I am under the impression that, using a client laptop on the network, I can make basic changes to the library (eg, changing tags, like name, etc...) and then sync the changes to the Library, after which the changes should show up as a permanent alteration to the Library.

I have not had any success with this. I make the changes to the name tag of a movie or other file, and then go to File>Library>Sync Changes with Library Server. The client machine confirms the libary is in sync, but when I go and look at the files on the HTPC, the changes have not been made, and after a short period of time the changes that I have made on the client pc disappear and revert to the original info.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Library Remote Sync failure
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:23:09 am »

On the client PC - select menu item Tools, Options, Media Network, Client Options (when connected to a Library Server)
...is Auto sync with server option selected?

I have made changes in metadata using JRemote (controlling/playing on client) that carry through to Server Library successfully.
Caveat; If Server Library is large - current client playback can be temporarily disrupted - while client "auto syncing" process takes place.

I personally avoid auto sync, and manually sync client changes using client machine by selecting from menu File, Library, Sync changes with Library Server. I will not be playing audio from client - when I perform sync - due to playback lag.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up