INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist shuffle  (Read 2025 times)

cosmicmessenger

• Recent member
Playlist shuffle
« on: July 23, 2017, 11:41:39 am »

Did a search, but did not find an answer.

If I turn on shuffle in a playlist, will it also turn on shuffle in another playlist ?

I only want shuffle turned on, in only 1 playlist, not all playlists.

Thanks....

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlist shuffle
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 12:12:11 pm »

The button at the top of the playlist window that says "shuffle" is not a mode button.  It's a one time action.  Press it and it randomly orders the playlist.  Once.  It will stay in this same new random order until you press it again, or manually re-order it or something.

Note that you can do this for the current Playing Now at any time by doing Player > Shuffle > Reshuffle . Or you can use the hot key control-r .

I hope this helps.

Brian.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 12:38:58 pm »

If you make a Smartlist and add the rule "Playlists - Is any - "Name of your playlist" and under the Modify Results select "Shuffle" it will shuffle the playlist every time you select the Smartlist to play.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

cosmicmessenger

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 03:42:43 pm »

Thanks, that helps a bunch. I've never used smartlist, would be smart to check that out...LOL

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 09:32:19 pm »

Smartlists are really convenient. I think of them as dynamic Playlists. Your typical Playlist has tracks that you manually add and play. This is great for some situations.

Smartlists are smart. If you have  a Smartlist that has rules set to have only 4 star or more rated songs from the 80's, then anytime you import a new album that is from the 80's and rate a song at least 4 stars it will automatically populate that Smartlist with that track. It can also create a Playlist from rules and really cut down on having to manually populate a Playlist.

Give it go! I think you will see the advantage in no time at all.

Ken   
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up