INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 playback stops randomly  (Read 3515 times)

esm59

• Recent member
MC18 playback stops randomly
« on: January 09, 2017, 02:00:21 am »

I have been running MC18 since it was released, at first with windows 8, 8.1 and for the past 9 months or so with windows 10 with no problems until a couple of weeks ago.  Playback seems to stop randomly (after anywhere from a few seconds to more than an hour and occasionally not at all).  When this occurs the progress bar is frozen at the point of stoppage and the play/pause button shows the pause option.  I have noticed that by "hitting" the pause button the button will change to play with playback still seemingly paused at the same position where it initially froze.  If I hit the button again at this time, the button changes to the pause option and playback resumes (again for a seemingly random length of time)  I have tried restarts, closing any other open apps, and a power cycle.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank You

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC18 playback stops randomly
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:16:50 am »

What are you playing to?  A DAC? 

Problems like this usually occur when something has changed.  A driver, antivirus software settings, a network change, etc.

Jonahsdad

• Recent member
Re: MC18 playback stops randomly
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:21:23 pm »

I suspect a Windows 10 update, though I have no further info.  As Jim suggested/implied, maybe a driver update. 

If it's a dedicated audio machine, maybe try doing a system restore to a date prior to the problems.  If that fixes it, now you know.  You can also play with turning off off automatic updates.  Consider looking up one of those lists of services to turn off to optimize audio playback.

Pages: [1]   Go Up