INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover View  (Read 3315 times)

jkchat

• Recent member
Cover View
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:57:41 am »

I'm running MC 22 on an iMac with OSX 10.12.2. What is Cover View, located under the View tab? Is it supposed to display cover artwork while music plays? When I select it, I get a white screen. Display View works, but it's not ideal. Ideally, I'd like to my cover artwork to display unadulterated, as it did on the old Pono program.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover View
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:06:20 pm »

So yeah, Cover View is a long standing issue with MC for Mac.  It's been broken for quite some time.  I'm not even sure that's it's much of a great feature to have though.  If you just want an album cover (and nothing else, including no text or anything), then use Display View instead (Command-3).

Also, the latest builds of MC22 for Mac (for a month or two now) have included Theater View.  Theater View is a whole thing of it's own with menus and it's own interface.  But it has a really neat view that you might be interested in.  Navigate to Audio > Playing Now.  You'll see an image of your cover art, PLUS the song name, artist, etc.  After 10 or 15 seconds, the cover will disappear and images of the Artist that is playing will appear.  These change every 10 or 15 seconds.  This is a pretty pleasant slide show of Artist related images that might make a nice backdrop for music listening.  Just FYI.

Brian.

jkchat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:48:41 pm »

Thanks for the reply, Brian. I"ve been using Display View. It's ok, but I'd really prefer a cover view like the old Pono program, where it's just a straight shot of the cover artwork. is there any possibility of achieving that with MC22?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 06:14:44 am »

Display View *is* just the album cover art.

What do you see when you select it?

As for alternatives, I've listed all that I personally know.  Others might have more suggestions.

Good luck.

Brian.

jkchat

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 09:39:42 am »

This is going to sound extremely picky, but...

Display view is nice, but it's a stylized view of the album art. It shows the art at an angle with reflection on the bottom. I just want the album art filling the screen as much as possible without any stylization. The old Pono program did this, so it's obviously possible with JRiver.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 09:44:43 am »

This is going to sound extremely picky, but...

Display view is nice, but it's a stylized view of the album art. It shows the art at an angle with reflection on the bottom. I just want the album art filling the screen as much as possible without any stylization. The old Pono program did this, so it's obviously possible with JRiver.

Right-click the cover and pick "Cover Art Style".  You can pick a plain image.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jkchat

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 10:55:00 am »

That's exactly what I want Matt. Thank you. But, how do I get the cover art to change along with the music on shuffle?
Pages: [1]   Go Up