INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo: Custom view  (Read 2535 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Gizmo: Custom view
« on: January 09, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »

Hi

I'm trying to customize some of the views in Gizmo on my tablet. I'm using the following setup: A tablet with Gizmo to select media files on a PC server with MC22 to playback on a TV with DLNA. All this work fine with playback etc.

But I could use some help on customizing the views in Gizmo. For example I wonder how I could display a list of video files where Series, Episode and Name is all in one line. Now I have a list but with only the Name field which isnt enough when trying to destinguish the different video files. Also when I choose music I would like to display a list where both artist and song name is in one line. I have been struggling for quite a while in the Gizmo settings but with no luck.

Many thanks in advance
Hans

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo: Custom view
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:45:20 am »

I'm replying to myself as I have found out a few things but could still use some help.

When I customize the Gizmo view I have tried the tool "Expression" and added "filename (name)". It looks like it should work but the list with all the video clips now changed to square icons with the text description cut off underneath. How can I get the list so it shows one row for each video clip?

Thanks for any help

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:52:39 am »

Hello,
the appaerence of the pages displayed by gizmo is defined by some css files, that you can customize yourself.(*)
Do not remember where these css files are located exactly, but this is explained somewhere in the wiki.
For instance, I was able to somehow customize this display, and have my album titles displayed on 3 lines, instead of one.
If you need them, I can try to find which changes I have made.
Christophe

(*) For the event where you would not know, css files are files which, associated with a web page, allow to fine-tune the way the browser displays the web page (colors, placement, size, and muuuuuuch more).

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 02:22:40 pm »

Hi Christophe

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes if you find where the CSS files are and what changes you made I would be very thankful if you would let me know.

Cheers
Hans

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 04:29:05 pm »

Hello,
you can get the stuff in the attached zip file.

A few words explanation can be found in the .txt file.
Very little changes, but they made gizmo much more usable for me.

Enjoy!
Christophe
Pages: [1]   Go Up