INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grouping values not being saved to MP3 files  (Read 1067 times)

prfraker

Grouping values not being saved to MP3 files
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:49:35 pm »

I have searched for someone else experiencing this same issue, but I don't find the same problem.  So I'll ask here. 

I have been using the "Grouping" tag in MP3 files for quite some time now and it appeared to always work previously. Now if I add a Grouping tag to my MP3 files, they don't appear to be updating what exists in the file itself.

For example, let's say MC22 is showing a tag value of "Live" under the grouping tag.  I want them to be tagged as "Instrumental".  At the bottom of the screen, it says it is updating XX number of files.  When it's done updating, I can see all of the Grouping values in the list view as saying "Instrumental".  So it changed in the database.

But now if I do an "Update Library From Tags", they all revert back to "Live".  The "Instrumental" is NOT being saved to the MP3 file.

I have verified under Options, Manage Library Fields, that "Grouping" is set to "Save in file tags".

The files are NOT locked in any way -- changing any other tags DOES update the file tag content correctly.  It is only the Grouping tag that is no longer updating and it used to work.

I'm not sure when this started happening.  Maybe it was in MC21, but I have no way to test with that version any longer.

Has something changed in MC now to not update this tag in the actual files?

****** Update ******
Strangely, this morning the Grouping tags are being saved to the MP3 files.  More testing required to see if I can determine when it stops working for me.  I will then post again if I can replicate the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up