INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: watching Live TV shows on a Client leaves a file on Server  (Read 2099 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
watching Live TV shows on a Client leaves a file on Server
« on: January 12, 2017, 08:20:27 am »

Just a reminder "Bump" of a small problem.

Whenever I watch Live TV on my Client machine (where TV tuner is located on the Server), there is a file created on the Server that remains after the TV viewing has ended. For example, I watched channel 6 news on the Client a couple of days ago. The resulting file created on the Server is still there.

It's not a big deal, but it does require me to manually delete the file(s) at Video>Files every couple of days to keep my database clean.

It would be nice if this file would auto-delete. If this is a complicated fix, then don't worry about it.

I should mention that I only use TS file format for recording, so anything "JTV" is not desired to be saved. Perhaps some king of auto-delete process that cleans out all JTV files in the "Recorded TV" folder every 24hrs and/or after a TV viewing is stopped.

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: watching Live TV shows on a Client leaves a file on Server
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 03:18:33 pm »

I've found this happens with my windows 10 clients only.  My server is windows 7.  My windows 7 clients do not cause this problem.  Hopefully, this can be resolved.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 04:57:34 pm »

Yeah, it's not a problem on Servers. Clients only but where TV tuner is located on the Server.
Interesting that you say it doesn't happen on your Win7 clients. I'm on Win10 now but I thought this issue was going on back when I had Win7 too.
Either way, it would be nice if MC would cleanup (delete files) after itself.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:48:42 pm »

Just don't run a JTV auto-delete process when Time Shifting, or even watching Live TV, as all Time Shifting in MC uses JTV files. Even when you record in TS format. Unless, of course, you have turned off Time Shifting all together, although I don't think there is a way to do that any more...
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up