INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 / WDM Question  (Read 1298 times)

Walt Whitman

• Recent member
Windows 10 / WDM Question
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:39:04 pm »

I just moved to a new Windows 10 Machine and when I downloaded JRiver Media Center for install, it doesn't seem to have brought the WDM driver with it. Whenever I updated on my Windows 7 machine, the install always made a big deal about whether to install WDM or not. During the Windows 10 install there was none of that. When I look in Control Panel(Windows Settings)/Sound there is no option to use WDM, as it does not show up as an option. I have the WDM box checked in Options/Tools/General/Features of Media Center. What am I missing to get the WDM to install and appear as an option so that I can use it as the default playback device in Win 10?

Thanks much for your help!

Walt Whitman

• Recent member
Re: Windows 10 / WDM Question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:53:16 pm »

Well here's what I did..

I restarted the PC to see if that was all that was necessary. No WDM appeared in the Playback tab of Sound. So I went into Options/Tools/General/Features unchecked WDM. MC responded that it needed to restart for change to take place. I restarted, rechecked the WDM box, restarted MC and checked the Playback tab of Sound, and there appeared the JRiver Media Center 22 as a device. Checked it as default. All is now well. Weird but well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up