INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bel Canto Renderer Connectivity Issues  (Read 1836 times)

Dale Grigg

Bel Canto Renderer Connectivity Issues
« on: January 15, 2017, 07:54:55 pm »

I have tried the recommended DNLA set up procedure in MC so it will "point" to my Bel Canto Renderer, and I can get the Renderer to show up in the playing now list. MC will work some of the time, but when it does it always stops after 5 minutes more or less, and sometimes MC locks up as a consequence.

I don't have any problems using the MC Player through the USB connection of my PC to my DAC.

Here is the way I am running my system with the Renderer -

I am using JR MC22 on my Windows PC to control my library.
Music files are stored on an external SS hard drive connected to my PC via a USB connection. This is the “Main Library” in MC.
I have my PC connected to a Netgear router via a CAT5 cable (the router is connected to the internet).
I have the Bel Canto Renderer connected to the router via CAT5 cable.
My Router is a Netgear AC 1900. The lights on the front that indicate which ports are engaged all burn White except the Bel Canto Renderer which burns Amber (indicates slower speed says one post).
I have followed the Network setup procedure as detailed in the Bel Canto Renderer’s manual and cross referenced to others, and I can't see where I am doing anything wrong.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled MC, and as I said, it works fine via USB.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bel Canto Renderer Connectivity Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 09:26:56 am »

I have tried the recommended DNLA set up procedure in MC so it will "point" to my Bel Canto Renderer, and I can get the Renderer to show up in the playing now list. MC will work some of the time, but when it does it always stops after 5 minutes more or less, and sometimes MC locks up as a consequence.

I don't have any problems using the MC Player through the USB connection of my PC to my DAC.

Here is the way I am running my system with the Renderer -

I am using JR MC22 on my Windows PC to control my library.
Music files are stored on an external SS hard drive connected to my PC via a USB connection. This is the “Main Library” in MC.
I have my PC connected to a Netgear router via a CAT5 cable (the router is connected to the internet).
I have the Bel Canto Renderer connected to the router via CAT5 cable.
My Router is a Netgear AC 1900. The lights on the front that indicate which ports are engaged all burn White except the Bel Canto Renderer which burns Amber (indicates slower speed says one post).
I have followed the Network setup procedure as detailed in the Bel Canto Renderer’s manual and cross referenced to others, and I can't see where I am doing anything wrong.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled MC, and as I said, it works fine via USB.
First make sure your external drive isn't sleeping while the playback is happening, if it does and the spinup delay is too long things could get gummed up.
Move a few files onto the PC's hard drive and make a test playlist playing only those in with repeat playlist on.
If that doesn't solve the issue, try the following:
There are a couple of settings to control MC's DLNA controller you might try changing.
In MC for the BelCanto zone, right-click and fine the DLNA controller options.
First try turning off SetNext support and test again.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bel Canto Renderer Connectivity Issues
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 10:09:54 am »

^
Also try Ignore Transport events ..

And, if none of that works, then download the DMRA from my sig, and post the renderer report here..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up