INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library columns keep reverting to default  (Read 5154 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Library columns keep reverting to default
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:27:07 am »

Here's a problem that seems to keep recurring...I have set the columns while playing albums (I don't need 'file type,' 'bitrate,' 'file type,' 'filename,' etc., but I do like to have 'number of plays' and such). OK, so far so good, but then at random times, and repeatedly, MC 22 reverts back to default so now I have 'file type' and 'bitrate' and other stuff that I don't ever need. Any idea why this happens, and even more so, how to prevent MC from reverting to default columns?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Library columns keep reverting to default
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 12:46:38 am »

reg cleaners and the sort affect this. have you tried saving your presets? and also set MC to start up last location
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 01:36:40 am »

I have set MC to last location, but what is 'saving your presets'?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 02:06:03 am »

Right click on a column header and you choose Preset->Save - you can save/load your customisations here.

I don't think it will solve the problem you are seeing, but at least you'll be able to quickly recall your preferred setup.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 05:31:53 am »

Are you using MC as a client to an MC server?  If so, the client follows the columns that are on the Server.  So you'll need to change the columns in the view on the Server for them to "stick" with the client.

Brian.

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:34:08 am »

Are you using MC as a client to an MC server?  If so, the client follows the columns that are on the Server.  So you'll need to change the columns in the view on the Server for them to "stick" with the client.

Brian.

I am using MC on two separate computers, each with its own external drive; the computers are not connected on any network.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 11:58:34 am »

I have set MC to last location, but what is 'saving your presets'?

That's a good question; what is: saving your presets?
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 11:29:12 pm »

That's a good question; what is: saving your presets?

"Right click on a column header and you choose Preset->Save - you can save/load your customisations here." Yes, that's useful; you can save what columns appear for the whole library. I keep it simple: Name, artist, album, genre, length, track, number, number of plays and very little else. If something goes wrong and I start seeing the default Bitrate, file type, file path etc. I can just go back to my preset.

mechaMecha

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 05:20:03 pm »

Thank you! This really helped. The constant reverting/rearranging columns were driving me crazy!

"Right click on a column header and you choose Preset->Save - you can save/load your customisations here." Yes, that's useful; you can save what columns appear for the whole library. I keep it simple: Name, artist, album, genre, length, track, number, number of plays and very little else. If something goes wrong and I start seeing the default Bitrate, file type, file path etc. I can just go back to my preset.
Pages: [1]   Go Up