INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burn Audio to CD  (Read 2579 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Burn Audio to CD
« on: January 22, 2017, 12:17:58 pm »

Can anyone tell me what you may have done to work around the fact the the MAC version can't burn an audio disc with CDA files on it like the Windows version of JR does? I sorely miss the ability to create music compilation CD's to give to friends or use in my car audio CD player. If I have to go through a 3rd party Mac program, that's fine. I just want to be able to do it.

I linked my Windows JR version remotely to the Mac library server. i can play the tracks on my Windows PC fine. So I thought, great, now I can burn them! It lets you drag the tracks to the burn disc dialog box and burn them. But it doesn't produce a usable CD.   :'(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This and Theater View, which were previously missing from the MAC version, almost made be buy another Windows machine and scrap the Mac. One down, one to go!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Burn Audio to CD
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 02:27:17 pm »

As far as I'm aware MC for Mac does not burn CDs.

In the past I've used Maxx for this purpose, but for some reason, it no longer reads FLACs as input, which makes it rather useless for me.  I'm sure there are other programs for Mac that burn audio CDs, I just don't have the need, so I haven't investigated it.

Brian.

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 10:08:26 pm »

I use iTunes burn from playlist I think it's called.  ::) It isn't ideal, but it seems to work for the occasional disk for friends.

rfishwick

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 11:29:28 am »

I was able to import uncompressed Apple "ALAC" tracks (From Bandcamp for example) into iTunes, create a playlist as previously mentioned, and burn a CD from iTunes.  I too was surprised this ability wasn't built into JR Media Center.

Shawn

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 12:26:11 pm »

I used Burn in the past to write audio cd's for my car.
Pages: [1]   Go Up