INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Count and Search By File Resolution  (Read 3943 times)

bg

• Junior Woodchuck
Album Count and Search By File Resolution
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:59:02 am »

I purchased and use JRiver for both Win and Mac. I have long wanted two features with JRiver Media Center for Audio. These are: 1. Ability to search for file resolutions and pull them up for easy identification. Realize user can enable file view and have resolution text information. I can now enter DSD or DSF in search and get a graphic view of all my DSD/DSF albums. I want this graphic view when I search with "192kHz", "96kHz"for higher PCM resolution files. It makes it much easier for user to organize
their files for use across player platforms with this ability. 2. Is there a selection in JRiver Media Center for Audio whereby user can get their total album count. Currently as far as I see, users must do a laborious count of all their albums scrolling through and counting cover art of each album title. Are these features already available? If so I cannot find them. Please advise what I'm missing, or consider adding ability to allow users to do these things if not currently available. Thank you.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Album Count and Search By File Resolution
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 12:43:52 pm »

For album count, what I do is to get the Audio/Album window, highlight the first album, scroll to the bottom, click on the last album whilst holding down Shift so that all albums are selected (or just do ctrl-A after clicking on an album), do copy (ctrl-C) and paste (ctrl-V) into an editor that shows line numbers: The number at the bottom is the number of albums as MC sees them. Takes about 10 seconds.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 02:49:06 pm »

For album count, what I do is to get the Audio/Album window, highlight the first album, scroll to the bottom, click on the last album whilst holding down Shift so that all albums are selected (or just do ctrl-A after clicking on an album), do copy (ctrl-C) and paste (ctrl-V) into an editor that shows line numbers: The number at the bottom is the number of albums as MC sees them. Takes about 10 seconds.

An easier way is to go to Audio/Panes view and it will tell you how many albums there are at the top of the page.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:05:42 am »

As Dave says, the Audio > Panes view shows counts of everything at the top of each Pane.  The Artist Pane shows the Artist count, the Album Pane shows the Album count, etc.

As for showing albums by resolution, that's not too hard, but it does require you to build some views.

You can build views for each of your resolutions, and limit each view to show only what you want.  For example, you can have a 192kHz view that only shows albums with that resolution.  Look into MC's view system.  It's too complicated to describe it fully here.  There are lots of tutorials in postings here.  I might have more time later to find one and link you to it.

Good luck.

Brian.

bg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 09:55:51 am »

Thanks everyone. Most helpful.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 12:36:19 pm »

The panes view is the way to go. And I found that my method was off by 1, because I was counting a header line.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »

...and if you want a "true" album count, you'll want to add a custom pane that uses and expression something like:

Code: [Select]
[album] - [album artist (auto)]
Otherwise, your album count will be off by some amount, as albums with the same name are counted as one album.  Like "Greatest Hits" for example.  My collection is very small compared to many here.  My "regular" albums pane says 422, while my "true albums" pane says 428.  Not much of an error, but it's there.

Brian.

bg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 02:46:53 pm »

...and if you want a "true" album count, you'll want to add a custom pane that uses and expression something like:

Code: [Select]
[album] - [album artist (auto)]
Otherwise, your album count will be off by some amount, as albums with the same name are counted as one album.  Like "Greatest Hits" for example.  My collection is very small compared to many here.  My "regular" albums pane says 422, while my "true albums" pane says 428.  Not much of an error, but it's there.

Brian.

Thank you. Good to know.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 04:56:39 pm »

Re-reading this I just realized that Panes are probably a good solution for your "show files by resolution" request also.

Open the Panes view.  Add a pane for Sample Rate.  Then you can easily see what sample rates you have and click on each sample rate to see all of the songs in that resolution.  Easy!

Brian.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 09:20:16 am »

Re-reading this I just realized that Panes are probably a good solution for your "show files by resolution" request also.

Open the Panes view.  Add a pane for Sample Rate.  Then you can easily see what sample rates you have and click on each sample rate to see all of the songs in that resolution.  Easy!

Brian.

Hey Brian,

I can see how to sort by bitrate in the Panes view but can't quite figure out how to do what you're suggesting. Any chance you could expand on your answer a little? Thanks.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up