INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie & TV Info - taking a long time to return results.  (Read 3919 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Get Movie & TV Info - taking a long time to return results.
« on: February 11, 2017, 02:24:57 pm »

Is it just a problem on my end or is TVDB throttling the connection from MC? It has been taking as long as 5-10 minutes for 'Get Movie & TV Info' to return results for a single entry lately.

If it is just me, is there anything specific I can look for in the logs to help track down the issue?

Thanks.

CountryBumkin

Re: Get Movie & TV Info - taking a long time to return results.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 02:47:25 pm »

I reported it three days ago. Look about half way down the page, it was active until yesterday than locked.
JRiver says the problem is with the server on the other end - not a JRiver bug.

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 03:25:22 pm »

I've been having this happen off and on for over a month.
Back in December I reported it taking a long time then only returning wikipedia entries.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 03:41:45 pm »

I am seeing the same thing on 22.0.71. For me it is happening getting info for a movie from TMdB. Result list is there immidiately, but loading the information takes 10 minutes. MC is unresponsive while the loading takes place.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 08:56:10 am »

I reported it three days ago. Look about half way down the page, it was active until yesterday than locked.
JRiver says the problem is with the server on the other end - not a JRiver bug.

Thanks. What is weird (if it is the server on the other end) is that single file requests have been consistently (but not always) taking a long time. If I run get info on a group of files, it always runs very quickly.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 12:53:15 pm »

I have the same problem, the 'Get Movie & TV Info' dialogue tends to freeze, often to the point of having to restart MC. This should be looked into...
Suggest an option to select preferred lookup sites (e.g. just Wikipedia, TMDB, etc.); that should make the process quicker, thus more responsive! I use this feature a lot, so would be glad so see it stable again!

Add.: It looks like TMDB changed their site design, maybe that's why MC's query isn't working properly?
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 03:23:08 pm »

I recently ran into this myself and I may have found a workaround to the "freeze" (at least in may case I have).

Go to the tag menu first and make sure the name is close to correct before you look up the movie info. This appears to be related to the overall speed issue on the other server and is magnified if you begin typing in new search data on the fly.

While I don't think that this should be causing this issue with the media center, it appears that by design it will begin looking up movie info with every keystroke. So by the time you hit the first keystrokes, we are forcing that already slow server to look up every single movie with "ab" in its title, and this epic wait appears to cause every 1 and 0 in the program to collectively throw up their arms in disgust.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 04:34:14 pm »

Good point, that definitely makes sense!!
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 01:27:51 am »

The issue that caused the window to freeze and no results to show up should be resolved in a future build.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 05:05:03 am »

Thanks!

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 11:51:46 am »

The issue that caused the window to freeze and no results to show up should be resolved in a future build.

What might help -- as you're going to implement subtitles lookup as well -- is to let users choose the site(s) they want to lookup beforehand, then click 'Search'. If the window has to lookup & display all available sites in one go, it's no wonder it will freeze...

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 10:59:40 am »

I didn't start a new topic as I know this is a work in progress, but I noticed with the new build 22.0.74 there is a new issue. If I have the tag window open on the side while getting movie and tv info, the program will frequently crash - an immediate crash and not after a long search. As long as the tag window is closed, it seems to be much quicker than before and doesn't crash.

I added a log dump if anyone needs it.

*edit* After seeing the responses, I should have started a new topic. I reverted to build .54 and the crashes immediately went away.

kaotech

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 12:58:19 pm »

Same problem here, mediacenter crash with this build

mb2k

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 01:08:32 pm »

I didn't start a new topic as I know this is a work in progress, but I noticed with the new build 22.0.74 there is a new issue. If I have the tag window open on the side while getting movie and tv info, the program will frequently crash - an immediate crash and not after a long search. As long as the tag window is closed, it seems to be much quicker than before and doesn't crash.

I've got the same problem, whether or not I've got the tag window.

Plutotype

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 01:27:41 pm »

Crash here with v22 build 74 with the feature Get Movie & TV Info

tranle

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »

Same thing for me on build 22.0.74 MC crashes when trying to do 'Get Movie & TV Info'.
Running Window 10 15031.
Pages: [1]   Go Up