INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.217 beta available  (Read 8754 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.217 beta available
« on: July 17, 2003, 01:58:34 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:    

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91217.exe    

(backup your library before installing)  

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.    

History:

1. NEW: Added license details to WMA format window.
2. Changed: Tooltips with dynamic text (i.e. dragging the volume) work better.
3. Fixed: Adding a view scheme wouldn't always update the tree properly.
4. Fixed: View filter wasn't honored in pane browsing.
5. Changed: Pane list now filtered based on current search in the global search bar.
6. Fixed: Keyword picking tab ordering works better.
7. Fixed: "Edit View Scheme" Images drop box was too small.
8. Fixed: Target bar showed no files queued when files were queued up for CD burning.
9. NEW: Completely new implementation of Windows Media DRM.
10. NEW: Added Window Media license manager window.
11. Fixed: "Locate" file menu wasn't working.
12. Changed: List right click menu lists "Send To" as a submenu.
13. Changed: "Send To" menu has "Email / Web" item.
14. Changed: MRU menu items show full menu path, instead of just the last item.
15. NEW: Added image playback DSP's -- selectable from right-click on image playback -> "Configure Image Playback".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phelt

Re: Media Center 9.1.217 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 02:06:13 pm »

Heya Matt,

Any chance of a more detailed explanation re. the new implementation of WM DRM? Any difference with regard to use of WM within MC, or just behind-the-scenes changes?

Thanks for the new build.

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 02:34:38 pm »

11. Fixed: "Locate" file menu wasn't working.

Where's the feature to Locate in a View Scheme now?  This feature seems to be limited to fields now (no view schemes allowed).

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 02:35:14 pm »

Hi,

Serious problems:
- Japanese character is not sorted in Japanese alphabetical order.  Unicode didn't sort codes when they put characters, so need to sort them by using some rule based sort routine.  Java has such library like this, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vjref98/html/com.ms.wfc.app.Locale.Sort_f.asp.  
However, there is no such library in C?, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/nls_5jsj.asp.
- If I push return key at the end of smartlist edit, MC9 starts playing the smartlist.  Please stop this behavior.
- Panes should be resizeable.
- Want to disable pane from edit view scheme like we can disable tree.
- In tree view, we cannot select multiple item by using control/shift key.  Hope this will be available in future.

Not serious:
- MC9.1 smartlist wizard is kinda slow.  I need to wait 19 seconds (it was 7 sec on 213, 25 sec on 202 and 40 sec on 201.  it is longer than 213 now.  :-/) to get a wizard window when I choose add artist rule from wizard.  It's beta, so I put this as non serious issue list.
- If I install MC9.1 to new machine, MC9.1 doesn't show window at first execution.  I saw this problem on 198, but never tested it again since need to install OS to test this.  
- folder= query is noe filename= query.  Help file is needed to update.  

Thanks.

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 02:38:57 pm »

Bugs (previously reported):
1. Very slow on my PC (I think others have complained too).  Watching the CD burn area (at the bottom) paint is a hoot (alwayz...why so frickin' slow?)

2. Options dialog have incorrect tab orders (noticed on File Naming & Location...you can't tab into the bottom two edit boxes).

3. Using '|' vertical bars in Customize Display scripts causes MC to freak and reset each entry to some internal (short) defaults.

4. The tab key does not work on some dialogs (like Customize Display...you can't get to the edit boxes without using the mouse & clicking them).

5. The File Properites (docked) button bar at the bottom keeps disappearing...you have to move the mouse of the FP windows to get it back...paints funny too if you cover it with another apps window and return to MC.

6. Right-clicking Playing info window and choosing "Properties (playing now)" always resets the playing info display to "Play Mode (Main)"'s display...argh, I use (Alternate) always.

7. Can't disable the Directory Rule for Output File Location (in File Naming & Location options)...blank is not accepted and reverts to original setting.  You can put a single space char in there and it saves it, but I bet MC will try to create a directory with a single space in the name (and probably fail...didn't try it to find out).

8. The statistics displayed at the bottom on the Content window when Playing Now is selected does NOT display the sum of all tracks in the list if one is selected (only when all or none are selected).  This has been changed in the past and, in the end, reverted back to MJ 7, MJ 8 and MC 9 behaviour...can we have in back in MC 9.1? Or, at least, a user settable option for how 'we' want it (either way)?

9. Tab key does not work when using in-place editing of tag data...when you have more than one track selected (multple file editing at once).

10. This Portable Device upload bug has been in MC since 9.0 (at least):
a. Insert CF card in USB CF-Reader
b. Refresh MC and select driver letter under CD, DVD & Handhelds for USB CF-Reader
c. Expand the directories on the CF-Card
d. Queue 10 Playing Now tracks in an empty folder on CF-Card (MC is playing tunes too)
e. Start the upload to CF-Card
f. With upload running, click on the Playing Now node (expecting upload to run in the background)....OUCH...MC crashes (100% of the time in all 9.0 and 9.1 releases).

11. The Locate function does not allow locating in View Schemes (just canned fields via search).

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 02:44:58 pm »

BUGS

• PLAYING NOW
    The highlight (focus) use to keep the focus on the current playing track. It no longer does this. [6/27/2003]
  • NAVIGATION PANE
    Moving from one VIEW SCHEME to another VIEW SHEME is sluggish. [7/17/2003]
  • NAVIGATION PANE
    Right-Clicking on a VIEW SCHEME sends you to the VIEW SCHEME and then brings up the COMMAND MENU. Right-clicking on a VIEW SCHEME should not send you to the VIEW SCHEME it should just bring up the COMMAND MENU. [6/30/2003]
  • PLAYER BAR
    Does not display CALCULATED FIELDS correctly [7/17/2003]
  • VISUALIZATIONS
    Visualizations does not react when using 4 or 5.1 channels (OUTPUT FORMAT) [7/17/2003]

WISHLIST

• TAG FIELDS
    Artist and Genre fields have the option to become list-Type fields
  • PANE (COLUMN) VIEW
    Able to resize the panes
  • PANE (COLUMN) VIEW>COLUMN PROPERTIES
    When grouping by 1, have the ability to group all the numbers
  • FILE INFO PANE
    Able to create groups, rename the default group titles, move any field to any group & to be able to organize the fields order
  • LIBRARY TOOL>FIND AND REPLACE...
    Have the option to add words to the beginning and end.
  • NAVIGATION PANE
    PLUG-INS VIEW does not show on a clean install...would like it to show since clicking on it will send me to the plug-in web site

bthall

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 02:45:05 pm »

Agree with prior comments that not having columns adjustable in size is a real irritant.

The way it is now (2 columns=each 1/2 of the window; 3 columns=each 1/3 of the windown, etc.) is just too rigid, esp. if some of the column contents (Album, Genre, etc.) have a lot of characters in them, which are subsequently cut off...

Thanks,
BarryT

LonWar

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 02:59:58 pm »

What happened to 216   ...hmm?

Anyway:

Change Request    

When using the panes, if you click on artist then album and then click back to artist all it should find the whole album, not reset.  

Eg,  

Artist - Amanda Marshall  
Album - Much More Music.  

What dispays is 1 song, If I click back on Artist All, it should find all songs from that album regardless of artist  
-

Marty3d

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 03:17:01 pm »

- Adding all mp3 files to Playing now, playing for instance #100, exiting MC and starting again, the currently playing file is not in focus of main pane. You have to scroll up to see currently playing file.

- If Playback filter is set to skip a smartlist (let's say rating=1,2) and you change the smartlist to rating=1 then you have to restart MC for the changes to be active. Alternatively you remove all filtering and add it again.

- MC re-tags track number AGAIN! For new-comers, this means that you have the track format 0x before you import the mp3:s, after import, MC have tagged them x. Happens on random (could be earlier version of MC 9.1 as well) UPDATE: The change of xx to x doesn't occur until you change another tag, genre for instance.

blackimp

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2003, 03:24:11 pm »

If I uninstall MC 9.1.217 and go back to MC 9.0.180 will the WM DRM also be uninstalled? I have had NO problems with any of the new builds, nothing I couldn't work around, but I really do not like the WM_Setup application trying to access the internet when I don't use WMP9 and have disabled it's access through Set Program Access and Defaults. It's no big deal, I just don't like WMP9, 6, 7 or 8. If I were using a cracked version I wouldn't mind, but I Wanted to pay for this program because it wasn't a WMP clone. So will DRM be uninstalled if I uninstall and reinstall? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Media Center Registered 9.1.217 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 901 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 392 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: LG       CD-RW CED-8083B    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

:D Please disregard this post; I read the following and everything is OK! Sorry. I love MC! Re: Why Windows Media is included in 9.1 beta
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15th, 2003, 2:28pm »

Marty3d

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 03:37:49 pm »

- MC is crashing when selecting the group of custom playlists/smartlists. Is there some way to send this group to JRiver?

Marko

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2003, 03:44:49 pm »

autosize columns

columns will not "autosize" beyond 73 characters. If the column is manually resized to show entire contents, then move away from that view, then back again, the column has been resized to 73 characters and it's contents truncated.
Can autosize really be autosize please?

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2003, 03:47:20 pm »

Serious problems:  
- Japanese character is not sorted in Japanese alphabetical order.

I guess seriousity is a relative thing  :P

Omni

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 03:59:42 pm »

autosize columns

columns will not "autosize" beyond 73 characters. If the column is manually resized to show entire contents, then move away from that view, then back again, the column has been resized to 73 characters and it's contents truncated.
Can autosize really be autosize please?

You may need to be more specific as to where this is happening.  I say that because I have a song entitled, "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft (The Recognized Anthem of World Contact Day)" which is 86 characters, and everything auto-sizes fine for me.

This may be an issue of font size as well.  (I used PixOS skin and the default fonts.)  For instance, proportional fonts are being used, so my 86 characters don't necessary equal your 86 characters in terms of physical width.  With this in mind, you may want to cite the exact song title that is giving you trouble as well.

Omni

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 04:28:10 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.      

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!  

3)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.    

4)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.  

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.  

6) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them
This is an old bug.

Marko

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2003, 04:35:15 pm »

You may need to be more specific as to where this is happening.  I say that because I have a song entitled, "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft (The Recognized Anthem of World Contact Day)" which is 86 characters, and everything auto-sizes fine for me.

This may be an issue of font size as well.  (I used PixOS skin and the default fonts.)  For instance, proportional fonts are being used, so my 86 characters don't necessary equal your 86 characters in terms of physical width.  With this in mind, you may want to cite the exact song title that is giving you trouble as well.

Omni

Good point.
It's not actually a song title, it's a calculated field I've created, but to to test the bug, I renamed a song title to "12345678901234567890....." untill it began to be truncated.
I'm using the brushed metal skin, my font is comic sans ms 8pt. My screen resolution is 1280 x 1024.

I figured that all of the above would be relative, but that the bug would still be there, ie. a higher screen res might not behave this way till say 90 characters, but would still eventually show it. I've tried it in playing now and media library views and it behaves the same. Also, if I manually resize the column, then right click a header and choose "resize now" it collapses the long field again.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2003, 04:44:21 pm »

Auto-size
Auto-size stops at some width.  Think about a column like "Bios" and it makes sense why.  Hopefully not too big of a deal.

Locate
Locate is now field based instead of view scheme based.  We think it makes more sense.  Hopefully not a big deal either.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2003, 06:28:32 pm »

Not sure I like the Send To menu being subbed out with Send To (external) being subbed beneath it.  I have both an SFV checker and Wordpad as externals and now it's two levels deep where it was just one.

I almost wish there was a way to edit menus via an XML file.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2003, 07:21:40 pm »

How about adding View Schemes to the bottom of the Locate menu, right under the Advanced menu.

I understand what's working... basically whatever field you choose, it just acts as though you did a search on that field.

So if I pick a song by Metallica, and choose Locate -> Genre, it shows me all songs with the same genre that that Metallica song has (Metal).

The problem is, the song itself isn't located. You just get a list of other songs along with it. I think the song you're locating should be selected and visible at least.

And I can still think of many times when I really want to find that particular song in a view scheme. Although you may be able to convince me that anything I want to do is still doable.

I'll have to think on it some...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2003, 07:25:55 pm »

Where the hell did all my playlists go?!?

I thought these types of changes were done.

Why do I even bother?

I know... my fault for not backing up my library before installing. But there was no mention of any changes being made that even suggested every single playlist I've created would disappear.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2003, 07:27:28 pm »

Doof, strange.  My playlists are fine.

matshif

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2003, 07:49:58 pm »

Strange behaivior.
I have had a couple of weeks vacation and installed the latest beta .217. Before I had .209

I placed some files in Playing Now and MC starts playing but after 15 secs it change to another file and so it goes. If I stop playing it starts without my help after approx 15 secs.
I have to remove everything from Playing Now. ?

Can anyone give me some help?
Thanks in advance.

Mats

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2003, 07:54:15 pm »

All of my playlists are gone. Every single one of them.

This is so frustrating.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2003, 08:54:16 pm »

I have just UNinstalled the Real One thinking that with the "Real Alternative" codec pack MC 9.1 would play real media.

Is it possible/legal to modify MC 9.1 to play real media, PROVIDED that one installs the codecs from Real Media (or some alternative source) independently?

I know I can just re-install RealOne unsellecting all the annoing options, then run Ad-Aware/SpyBot, remove added registry keys from the "Run" directory, remove the update(?) directory from Programs\Common\Real.., and then uncheck all the crap and stollen file associations under Preferrences.

I also know I can install an older version of Real Player like 6; BUT I don't want to have an extra media player on my hard drive and Real Player 6 won't play some new real content.

sraymond

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2003, 09:37:56 pm »

Not sure I like the Send To menu being subbed out with Send To (external) being subbed beneath it.  I have both an SFV checker and Wordpad as externals and now it's two levels deep where it was just one.

I agree...  could the "Send To (external)" items be added to the bottom of the "Send To" menu - perhaps with a separator bar?  The "Send To" menu only has five items on it.

Scott-

sraymond

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2003, 09:42:35 pm »

I know... my fault for not backing up my library before installing. But there was no mention of any changes being made that even suggested every single playlist I've created would disappear.

Do playlists get backed up with the library?

Wouldn't it be better to have a way to backup and restore the playlists independent of the library?

Scott-

P.S.  I know it doesn't make you feel any better...  but my playlists survived the upgrade to .217 just fine.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2003, 10:09:44 pm »

Hello,

The new Image DSP is fun although the correction is sometime heavy !!

Still no warning or indication that the resize image feature might definitely replace an original image and destroy its inner EXIF tags.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

nila

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2003, 12:08:59 am »

AAahhhhhhhh!!!!

NO!!!!!!  :-[ :'( :-X

The menu's gone back to the old layout with everything hidden one level deeper and put back into the 'Send To' menu.

It was soooooo much nicer the way it was!! I didn't see ONE person complaining about the old menu.

This used to be one of my biggest hates and when you fixed it you soooo made my day.

I dont want to:  Send To/Rating/X
I want to: Rating/X

Why was it changed when there wasn't a single complaint about it on this board? :(

Normally I love most of the updates and changes done, this one I hate with a vengence.

PLEASE give us back the old layout!

Also - the new locate thing makes no sense to me - I liked it where it would located the song(s) in my current view schemes so I could instantly navigate to more songs of that type and my view schemes were created to allow me to define what type I was talking about whether it be genre, filetype etc.

nila

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2003, 12:16:41 am »

All of my playlists are gone. Every single one of them.

This is so frustrating.

I've had this happen quite a few times to me with previous upgrades - this is why I dont use playlists in MC. It really is offputting that they can be just totally dropped and lost. If we've spent a lot of time and effort on them and they get lost it's annoying as hell.
So much so I just dont even consider playlists a useable feature in MC as it doesn't matter if it doesn't happen that often - once is often enough if you haven't backed up your library.

I dont see why they are dropped either - all a playlist is is a list of songs in an order - a simple text file can save all this information reliably - I've asked for it before and I'll repeat it here - can ALL playlists automatically be saved into the data directory in a subfolder called: 'playlists' as simple .m3u playlist files.

Then no matter what changes happen to the library, we'll always have these .m3u files and can just re-import them - it would give me confidence back in using MC playlists.
Unless something like this happens, I cant see myself ever using playlists in MC.

I once started building playlists of all the charts for my music - every week I had a playlist for the billboard top 20 for that week.
One upgrade later, and hours of work was lost. And i've experience playlists being lost before on upgrades.

Please make them automatically saved externally or it's just a wasted feature in MC as I for one will never waste time or energy using them and i'd imagine Doof might feel the same.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2003, 05:20:57 am »

I'm just going to smarten up and start backing my library up before upgrading like they tell me to. :P

Too many times have I upgraded without incident. I've grown complacent.

I'm still frustrated, but I at least know where the blame lies.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2003, 05:49:41 am »

We have always provided an upgrade path for the playlist database.  So if you ever lose a playlist it's a bug, and any help fixing the bug would be appreciated.

nila

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2003, 07:11:19 am »

Jim, I love using the beta's,

I'm just saying that I've given up using the playlists in them because I lose my playlists and if you've spent hours building them this more than a little frustrating so I've just stopped doing it.

Matt - I've had this in a few seperate builds, I do the upgrade and the playlists all vanish, How exactly would I test this or give any feedback on it?

ZRocker

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2003, 07:54:51 am »

Bugs:
1. The keyboard navigation of columns in View Schemes (panes above track data) is screwy.  You can use the left and right arrows to navigate to the various columns, MC does not navigate to the currently selected item (row) in the destination column (always goes to <all>).  Then, when you press the up or down arrow, MC remembers where it should have been and moves you up or down based on the last remembered selected item (row).  Also, if you press the left arrow while in the left-most column or right arrow while in the right-most column, MC resets the current selection(s)...try it with more that one row selected in any column too.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2003, 08:13:06 am »

I too have grown complacent with backups due to the fact that, for the most part, MC9.1 betas have been very stable and I have yet to ever lose any data.  I will, however, start backing up each time because some of my playlists are extremely important to a semi-professional hobby of mine.

Anyway:

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Audio CDs are coming up with no CD Text regardless of decode options.  PlexWriter 40/12/40A.

MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/17  Priority: Medium
    Auto Smartlists Not Retaining Sort Order
    Changing the sorting, followed by right-clicking on the header and choosing to 'Save Current View' doesn't cause the sort choice to persist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Medium
    Navigations Not Accurate
    Using Favorites or the Back Button just returns to the requested section rather than the actual location.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Library Backup Filename
    Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot tab between fields or hit CTRL-V when adding a station.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/15  Priority: Low
    Rating Stars Keep Focus
    Hovering above rating stars then moving to another pane leaves the stars still in hover mode (e.g., a few stars being red).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Low
    My Computer Incorrectly Refreshes
    After moving a folder and MC refreshes, the folder appears twice in its new location.  A second refresh fixes this.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Low
    Properties Pane Re-Verifies Too Often
    Editing more than 20 mp3s at once and using the tab key to switch between fields will cause MC to ask for confirmation of changes several times.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

Suggestions/Requests
  • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
  • Make MC's My Computer more Explorer like by allowing files AND folders to be displayed in the main window.  It'd make moving folders around so much easier.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2003, 08:26:11 am »

Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

This works OK for me.  I tried it twice.  Please start a new thread on this and any other streaming problems you see.  Could it be a conflict with another program?

jleerigby

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2003, 08:39:58 am »

These comments all relate to 215 - sorry but havn't had time to upgrade yet.

BUG:  Double click item in a view pane e.g. Artist or Album does not follow double click behaviour as specified in General Options it just does a 'play' (which is annoying 'cos it destroys the playing n.... I won't go there 'nough said on this subject!)

BUG: Can't drag and drop into playlist when a library view is first displayed and you try and drag from left-most column (artist column in my case).  If you click on another column you can drag and drop.

Request: When displaying rating in a view plane it would be good if there were some way to select say 2* and better or 3* and better or 4* and better etc.  Currently I just set up a load of view schemes within a view scheme group which is time consuming as you end up with e.g.:

Group: Genre = Rock or Hard Rock or Heavy Metal
Scheme: rating is greater than or equal to 2
Scheme: Rating is greater than or equal to 3
Scheme: Rating is greater than or equal to 4

Having rating as an option in a view pane isn't much use as you wouldn't ordinarily say 'I want to listen to everything rated 3'.  It's more likely that you'd say 'I want to listen to everything rated at least 3'.

If anyone has a suggestion on how this could be achieved I'd be interested to know.  I know there are loads of workarounds like using playlists, search bar etc. but I'd like to be able to select rating from the view panes to avoid setting up loads of groups and schemes.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2003, 08:40:51 am »

This works OK for me.  I tried it twice.  Please start a new thread on this and any other streaming problems you see.  Could it be a conflict with another program?

I'm pretty certain there isn't a conflict.  This occured even after a fresh install of Windows XP.  I have the most recent SBLive drivers installed.  I tried it out on my laptop and it does it there too although only barely.  

Also, I've tried starting a separate thread but no one ever responds which lets me know that it's not a common problem but it's a problem nonetheless.

LonWar

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2003, 08:51:04 am »

These comments all relate to 215 - sorry but havn't had time to upgrade yet.

BUG:  Double click item in a view pane e.g. Artist or Album does not follow double click behaviour as specified in General Options it just does a 'play' (which is annoying 'cos it destroys the playing n.... I won't go there 'nough said on this subject!)

BUG: Can't drag and drop into playlist when a library view is first displayed and you try and drag from left-most column (artist column in my case).  If you click on another column you can drag and drop.

Request: When displaying rating in a view plane it would be good if there were some way to select say 2* and better or 3* and better or 4* and better etc.  Currently I just set up a load of view schemes within a view scheme group which is time consuming as you end up with e.g.:

Group: Genre = Rock or Hard Rock or Heavy Metal
Scheme: rating is greater than or equal to 2
Scheme: Rating is greater than or equal to 3
Scheme: Rating is greater than or equal to 4

Having rating as an option in a view pane isn't much use as you wouldn't ordinarily say 'I want to listen to everything rated 3'.  It's more likely that you'd say 'I want to listen to everything rated at least 3'.

If anyone has a suggestion on how this could be achieved I'd be interested to know.  I know there are loads of workarounds like using playlists, search bar etc. but I'd like to be able to select rating from the view panes to avoid setting up loads of groups and schemes.

Create a new smartlist
in the (what looks like a dress bar) do the following
right click add rule.
Genre and choose that
add rule Rating adjust your Values and Behaviour.

Let us know if this works for you
-

jleerigby

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2003, 09:01:43 am »

Thanks imjustagamer but it doesn't really work for me.  To me it's no different than a view scheme with the same rules.  Unless I wanted to change the smartlist rule everytime I'd have to create several smart lists (one for 2+ one for 3+ etc).  

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Vertical Scrollbars Still Missing
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2003, 11:18:04 am »

The vertical scrollbars still disappear in the selection panes when you click an item in the left-most pane.

jleerigby

Re: Vertical Scrollbars Still Missing
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2003, 11:34:51 am »

The vertical scrollbars still disappear in the selection panes when you click an item in the left-most pane.

That's not happening to me except when the item you click on the left reduces the contents of the other panes such that no scrolling is required.

JaWe

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2003, 11:54:57 am »

I have same problems. After playing radio stream and trying to play local mp3 music, the sound is corrupted, volume is different and you can hear strange "clicking" sounds and other noise. After restarting MC sound is normal again

Folbo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2003, 12:17:45 pm »

ERROR:
Tags are not appearing in the properties pane when they are in the file's tag and are even in known to MC (Tools...Options ... Tree and View Settings ... ).
I can display these in the right hand pane, where I can edit them, but only one at a time!!!

eg.       'CD' Extended Integer Standard.
     'CD Backup' Extended List(semicolon delimited) Standard Yes;No
     'Conductor' Extended String Standard
     'Extract' File Info List(semicolon delimited) Standard Yes;No
     'Label' Extended String Standard
     'Orchestra / Choir'  Extended String Standard      'Piece' General String Standard
     'Principals' Extended String Standard

Related to this, how do different tags move between libraries?

I currently hold a library for my classical music, and another for my modern music. Tags such as piece, composer, principals etc.
obviously only apply to the classical. I see from long running comments that attributes such as width and height (which have no relevence to audio) are always there.

QUESTION ABOUT REAL ESTATE:
With screen real estate at such a premium, how can I remove unwanted items from the top left pane e.g. 'Start' 'TV Tuner' 'Web

Media''Artist Info'. I remember that that was possible in earlier versions (MJ 5/6) but I cannot seem to do this now.

QUESTION ABOUT DISPLAYING COLUMNS
Is there any way to decide which colmuns are visible without the repeated right clicking on the field titles and nagigating the menus time after time?

Many Thanks

Martin.

P.S. When can we have the music controls back at the bottom of the screen, close to the task bar and the start button?
Pages: [1]   Go Up