INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Transfer Help  (Read 3759 times)

tasar

• World Citizen
License Transfer Help
« on: February 15, 2017, 11:18:34 pm »

Moving to Mac Pro from Book
Local HD contains files ripped thru ITunes to AIFF
Performed Backup to Combo above
Installed MC to Pro with License Key
Plugged same HD above to Pro
Opened library manager to local library and set path to music folder
*get prompt "cannot create new library at specified location directory must be empty"

What am I missing ?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: License Transfer Help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 03:08:39 am »

You are trying to create a new library when you get that message.  Assuming that's what you want to do (did you alreDy have an MC library?) the path you set in the library manager is just for the location of the library file, and it must be an empty directory

You set the music path later in the process

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:22:16 am »

Thanks for reply, I've done this before you'd think I'd get it.
I don't think I went then the library manager before just "file" restore on new computer after backing my MC library on previous computer. I don't remember setting a "directory" in MC. Only the ITunes advanced directory to send files to HD. Often wondered if MC only sees the music folder on the drive or processes it thru Tunes where they get ripped. Sorry for confusion. What I do know is all Tunes rips also loaded to MC upon subsequent startup and "auto backups". Missing something here ?

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 07:21:15 am »

Still curious what I'm missing with transferring library to another computer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 07:56:16 am »

I think you just need to set up auto import.

Tools > Import

You can add directories to watch and you can edit them to specify file types.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 11:50:12 am »

Way back in the beginning we all left ITunes for JR player. In the process some continue to use ITunes for ripping to AIFF and these files needed storage directive to a folder. External storage required "advanced" directive. It may just be me but I seem to remember the JR software went into ITunes folder and pulled files to its library. Every time you ripped in Tunes, subsequent files uploaded to JR library upon startup.
When recently changing computers, license transfer somehow lost its directive as simply auto importing does not follow. Import settings need re-addressed, it's not enough to show "user" and "music folder". A physical location must be inputted and this includes drive location outside of ITunes. Now with rip capability, MC stands on its own a complete player. I have not used the rip feature, I suspect doing so simplifies the directory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up