INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot Save and Display Cover Art  (Read 2101 times)

bruce orr

• Recent member
Cannot Save and Display Cover Art
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:09:40 am »

A relatively small percentage of my files did not bring their cover art when migrated to MC. With PonoWorld MC, I loved the easy-to-use covert art locater feature. But now that I've purchased MC, I cannot figure out why the same feature does not working. I have individual tracks/files that for some reason are missing cover art. When I search Internet from MC, find and then save the cover art...
- it does NOT show up as a thumbnail
- it does NOT display on my Marantz via DLNA.
- However, when played on my Mac it DOES display in the Display Window, Theater views,etc.

I have tried adding the artwork for these individual files for a file, and it does not work either. I have put art files inside the folder, outside, and everywhere else.

Would REALLY appreciate some help with what' becoming an increasingly frustrating experience.

Thank you.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot Save and Display Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:37:27 pm »

DLNA renderers can be problematic.  Yours might have a limitation in how big the cover art can be.  Or what format it can be.  Compare a few tracks that work to a few that do not work. You might see that there are different formats (the cover art files) or different sizes (height and width).

Brian.

bruce orr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 02:36:12 pm »

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure exactly how to compare the files regarding cover art to determine if they are somehow different. I do this all the time in iTunes, but not sure what or where you are suggesting I look?  Reminder of the situation, it's not just about displaying via the DLNA. Thumbnails for these same files are not showing up while the art DOES display in the Display window. Other cases, it does not appear in either.

After creating an Image File column, I can see that all files are either Inside File or Blank.  Most - but not all - files marked as Inside File display thumbnails, and show up in the Display Window AND display via DLNA. Some, however, do not show a thumbnail or show in the Display Window. Separately, the files for which the Image File is BLANK, show no thumbnails.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 05:50:21 pm »

I'm very confused by your response.  You might try rebuilding thumbnails.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up