INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV tuner not working since Reinstall of Media Center 22  (Read 3190 times)

twodutys

• Recent member
TV tuner not working since Reinstall of Media Center 22
« on: February 16, 2017, 11:13:16 pm »

Hi Guys
Since I did a reinstall my tv tuner is not working. It says to shut down all programs that are using the tuner. I don't use any other programs. I'm running windows 10 and the tuner worked in windows 10 with media center 22 before the reinstall. I will try to attach a log.
Thanks

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV tuner not working since Reinstall of Media Center 22
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 03:31:32 pm »

What Tuner do you have (internal?).
I assume you did a restart of the computer since this problem began.

When you say "I did a reinstall" are you referring to JRiver program only, or did you reinstall Win10?

twodutys

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:51:00 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I did only JRiver reinstall. I had a problem with the SPDIF passthru in jriver were I was getting slow motion sound and video. So I did a reinstall. Still having that problem with the SPDIF so I had to switch to Auzentech WASPI eventhough I really want to just pass thru to the DAC Like I was before. But in the mean time my USB tuner (AVerTV hybrid Volar Max) now will not work. It acts like the registry did not clean itself when I uninstalled JRiver then reinstalled. And it thinks I still have the JRiver that I uninstalled using the old app. Because it says when I try to run watch tv to make sure no other app is using the tuner. The tuner still shows up in my devices on JRiver. If that is the case can someone help me cleanup this registry? Reinstalling windows is very time consuming and when you uninstall a program shouldn't it clean itself out of the registry? Oh and I have done more than one restart.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 07:51:34 am »

When you uninstall MC, you can choose to remove the registry settings.  Back up your library first from the File menu in MC.  You will lose your library settings.

twodutys

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 04:28:40 pm »

Yes and that box is default checked and I left it checked when I uninstalled. Any thing else that I might have missed? Or any other ideas? Is there anyone from JRiver that can read my log and help me with this issue?
Thanks

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 06:42:46 am »

I don't see a "Volar Max" on the website. Have you tried to re-install the TV Tuner's windows drivers?
http://www.avermedia.com/tv_more/download/avertv_hybrid_volar_hd

twodutys

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 01:52:17 pm »

I think my tuner has bit the dirt. I did a clean install of windows 10 and reinstalled everything and the tuner still isn't working. So I ordered a new tuner. Thanks for everyone who has helped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up