INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art TV Series  (Read 3840 times)

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
Cover Art TV Series
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:54:23 am »

In the case of a tv series or documentary split into episodes and/or seasons, how can I edit the cover art for the series as a whole in relation to the cover art per file. Usually - after using the Get Movie and TV info - the cover art for the series as a whole is wrong and I want to change without changing the individual episodes.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art TV Series
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:57:10 am »

Use the ordinary Cover Art tools, "Cover Art -> Get From Internet" for example. It has entries for both the series and the season.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 12:15:50 pm »

Thx for that. But how to I change cover art when the Get from Internet gives wrong result. How do I distinguish between episode and total.
Example: The Avengers (6 seasons). Get from Internet gives complete false photos

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 04:26:42 pm »

You should have a folder called series and one called seasons. Simply replace the appropriate image with the correct one.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 04:32:52 pm »

When I have wrong artwork I fix it one of two ways:

Browse to: '%AppData%\J River\Media Center 22\Cover Art'
In the Series folder, put the correct artwork with the filename SeriesName.ext - example would be 'Better Call Saul.jpg'
In the Seasons folder, put the correct artwork with the filename SeriesName - Season XX.ext - example would be 'Better Call Saul - Season 2.jpg'

In the main UI, I have a view called Shows (Covers) that is a 'View As' Categories and has the categories of Series and Season. This gives me a list of all of my series with their cover art and when I open one I get the seasons with cover art and individual episodes. I then just right click on the appropriate item and use the 'get from internet' feature or add from file, or paste as appropriate.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 03:53:23 am »

Thx for that. First - my fault (I am using the MAC version and posted this into the Windows forum), is there any different with the MAC version here. My issue is with the cover art for the whole series and not with the individual episodes. I do not see a way to change the cover art for the series (BTW, there is a correct folder.jpg in the main folder for the series which JRiver seems to miss. "Get from the Internet" yields usually wrong pictures.

I am getting there. I did not know that cover art for series was in a specific folder. Now the problem seems to be that the folder where all these cover art is on my MAC seems to be hidden. Via the Option menu from JRiver I can see these folders and files but there are light grey meaning something like hidden. Via the normal Finder app on the MAC these folders and files are nowhere to be found? Are they hidden and why? How do I access them?

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 05:54:39 am »

I think the default location for the Cover Art directory on Mac is:

~/Library/Application Support/JRiver/Media Center 22/Cover Art/

It's something like that.  I moved mine a while back to ~/Documents/JRiver/Covers/

Note that the Library directory is hidden. You can go to it from the Mac Finder using the "Go" menu item (Go to Folder).  If you type in ~/Library it will take you there.  Note also that ~ means "your home directory location".

Also, I believe if you change the location of the Cover Art directory, from the Tools > Options menu of MC, MC will move it all for you.  I think.

Brian.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 01:18:51 am »

Thx. I moved the folders and am now able to edit them. The problem is solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up