INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.215 beta available  (Read 11854 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.215 beta available
« on: July 15, 2003, 10:30:54 am »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:  

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91215.exe  

(backup your library before installing)      

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.  

History:  

1. Fixed: Improved error handling in windows media plug-in.
2. Fixed: MC's art could show up as black boxes on some displays.
3. Fixed: MC would not properly import EXIF times on non-US locales.
4. Changed: CD burning file and folder naming dialogs changed to match the way it works in "File Naming & Location".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 9.1.215 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 10:39:17 am »

Change Request  

When using the panes, if you click on artist then album and then click back to artist all it should find the whole album, not reset.  

Eg,  

Artist - Amanda Marshall  
Album - Much More Music.  

What dispays is 1 song, If I click back on Artist All, it should find all songs from that album regardless of artist
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I can now see the icons again. Thanks,
-

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 11:00:27 am »

With MC91214, all tools (icones) are black  :-/ and are "illisibles"  :-/ !

Please, what is it ?

Thanks.

Media Center Registered 9.1.214 -- C:\Program Files\J River\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 799 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 0 MB
Resource Info: System - 52 %, GDI - 77 %, User - 52 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\Notify.wav

Burning /  Drive E: GoldStar CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: 90 %
Jean-Marc

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 11:05:01 am »

With MC91214, all tools (icones) are black   and are "illisibles"   !

This should have been fixed in 9.1.215.  Please upgrade and report if it's still there.

nila

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 11:15:00 am »

I HAVE ICONS!!
The world is complete!!

Oh - except for the fact text for toolbars is now all or nothing - how about moderation? The old reg hack - please?

nila

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 11:25:31 am »

aah,,
First real chance I'm getting to play with the customised location bar.

It's nice but kind of defeats the purpose if we can only set it for the whole media library and not per view.

I want rotate images etc for my image views but not for my audio views.

We need to be able to set it per view scheme!

nila

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 11:27:15 am »

BUG:

Right click - send to: CD Burner (J) - the drop target says: no files qued and I'm in the burn dialog and there are 14 qued !

nila

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 11:30:47 am »

Wahoo - thanks for adding the thing to fill in the cd burn template format and the fill properties, rename etc. NICE ONE!!!
Dont forget to add it to the screen for Tree and view settings - Calculated fields - thats the place where it's the most annoying.

U da pimp!! :)

I'm gonna post my big list soon - just building someone's website quickly to make some cash :)

Timmy_Yak

• Recent member
  • I am a Sexy Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 12:22:47 pm »

Been playing around with the new replay gain feature.  It seems to be quite a bit buggy.  I did a sync with it on and it seems to make my files more quiet than they were before.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 12:43:03 pm »

In the iPod drive F in My Computer,
clicking on the Contacts or Notes folders creates an error: "Parameter is incorrect."
The Calendar folder is fine.

ZRocker

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 12:57:35 pm »

Well, I finally decided to download and checkout 9.1...very NICE!!  Using Windows Skin (and PixOS sometimes).

Bugs:
1. Very slow on my PC (I think others have complained too).  Watching the CD burn area (at the bottom) paint is a hoot (alwayz...why so frickin' slow?)

2. Options dialog have incorrect tab orders (noticed on File Naming & Location...you can't tab into the bottom two edit boxes).

3. The Edit View Scheme dialogs dropdown for Image is too small (only one item is listed with itty bitty spinners).

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 01:10:10 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.    

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!      

3)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.  

4)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.  

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.

nameless

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2003, 01:53:04 pm »

Been playing around with the new replay gain feature.  It seems to be quite a bit buggy.  I did a sync with it on and it seems to make my files more quiet than they were before.

Read the documentation on this feature and you will find that it is working as it should be.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2003, 02:45:54 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.

CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Audio CDs are coming up with no CD Text regardless of decode options.  PlexWriter 40/12/40A.

MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Medium
    Navigations Not Accurate
    Using Favorites or the Back Button just returns to the requested section rather than the actual location.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/15  Priority: Low
    Rating Stars Keep Focus
    Hovering above rating stars then moving to another pane leaves the stars still in hover mode (e.g., a few stars being red).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Low
    My Computer Incorrectly Refreshes
    After moving a folder and MC refreshes, the folder appears twice in its new location.  A second refresh fixes this.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a signle track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Low
    Properties Pane Re-Verifies Too Often
    Editing more than 20 mp3s at once and using the tab key to switch between fields will cause MC to ask for confirmation of changes several times.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

Suggestions/Requests
  • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
Toast goes in the toaster.

digitaltrapper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go smurf yourself...
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2003, 03:25:02 pm »

Oh NO!

When trying to sync my iPOD (and transcode the files durring upload) MC just disappears. No errors. No Nothing. The windows process no longer appears under active processes. I tried to sync without transcoding and it works fine.... Not sure if this is a plug-in issue or something to do with the new version. It has worked fine for me in the past under previous versions.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 04:58:36 pm »

BUG:  Media Scheduler not holding setting on Custom Tasks ...
I scheduled a few Custom tasks associated to MJEXTMAN and they keep clearing out and going back to START MEDIA CENTER.

Also, on trying to create custom tasks .. I keep getting the error message about incorrect parameters

ZRocker

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2003, 05:11:39 pm »

Bugs:

1. Using '|' veritacal bars in Customize Display scripts causes MC to freak and reset each entry to some internal (short) defaults.

2. The tab key does not work on some dialogs (like Customize Display).

3. The File Properites (docked) button bar at the bottom keeps disappearing...you have to move the mouse of the FP windows to get it back...paints funny too if you cover it with another apps window and return to MC.

4. Right-clicking Playing info window and choosing "Properties (playing now)" always resets the playing info display to "Play Mode (Main)"'s display...argh, I use (Alternate) always.

5. Can't disable the Directory Rule for Output File Location (in File Naming & Location options)...blank is not accepted and reverts to original setting.  You can put a single space char in there and it saves it, but I bet MC will try to create a directory with a single space in the name (and probably fail...didn't try it to find out).

6. The statistics displayed at the bottom on the Content window when Playing Now is selected does NOT display the sum of all tracks in the list if one is selected (only when all or none are selected).  This has been changed in the past and, in the end, reverted back to MJ 7, MJ 8 and MC 9 behaviour...can we have in back in MC 9.1? Or, at least, a user settable option for how 'we' want it (either way)?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2003, 07:52:37 pm »

When creating a new view scheme, it doesn't show up in the tree until the node is closed and reopened.

I selected four artists out of one of the panes. I used the Move / Copy Fields tool to move the values in the Artist field to the Album field. The pane updated in such a way that the values that no longer existed dissapeared from the list, but other items were now shown as selected (presumably items nearby to the ones that vanished). The list of files remained the same, though.

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2003, 08:33:11 pm »

Oh NO!

When trying to sync my iPOD (and transcode the files durring upload) MC just disappears. No errors. No Nothing. The windows process no longer appears under active processes. I tried to sync without transcoding and it works fine.... Not sure if this is a plug-in issue or something to do with the new version. It has worked fine for me in the past under previous versions.

Are you trying to upload from the media server?  I can't upload through the media server with todays build, but I can synch using my default library.  Something happend on this build with the media server...

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2003, 09:52:50 pm »

Hi,

. Fixed: MC would not properly import EXIF times on non-US locales.

Thanks Matt. date+time from EXIF now works ok with my Locale setting.

Still no warning that resolution and EXIF info will be definitely lost when MC is about to replace an original image with a resized version. (I know Matt, I'm touchy with this one ! ;) )

have a nice day,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

jleerigby

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2003, 11:06:56 pm »

Wow.  Finally upgraded to 9.1 and very impressed with the new view schemes.  1 question and 1 suggestion:

Q: As a have dial up I don't really want to be downloading every new build.  Am I asking for trouble if I miss a few or should I be able to upgrade to the latest build from any build of 9.1?

Suggest:  When column properties is set to a low grouping level (say 2) so you get A-B, C-D etc you invariably have to scroll down to see W-X, Y-Z etc despite the fact that there is a lot of blank space within the column to the right.  Would it be possible to have it display text in say 2 columns within a column where a grouping level is set?  i.e.

A-B,    M-N  
C-D,    O-P
D-E,    Q-R
F-G,    
etc etc

I can appreciate that this might be a bit tricky but would be very useful.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2003, 01:53:37 am »

Cosmetic #1
Using the "Search" image from the <PLAYERBAR> section as background for all searchbars looks ugly (Take a look at "Recently Played" or "Top Hits" with PixOS skin).
Why not draw them like the <Frame><Edit> boxes in dialogs?

Cosmetic #2
Now that the toolbar icons are 16x16 (like Windows standard...), it maybe a good time to adapt the drawing of the toolbars themselves and the separators to a fitting value. Now MC draws them 21 pixel high (for 8 pixel fonts...), and that always gives a sloping look...
Please draw the toolbars 22 pixel high (like Windows does...) and the separators 18 (like Windows separators for buttons) or 20 or maybe even 22 pixel high. This will make it even easier to place the toolbar text in the *middle* of the toolbars...

Note/Request
I think it's a good idea to tidy up the toolbars and to have only one image instead of three (respectively five with the two "inactive" versions). But I think it would be much easier to create an "inactive" version that goes perfectly with the skin by creating it with Photoshop or something like that. Finding the right "blend" color will be almost impossible for some skins. The reason is the unequal behaviour of colors when they get "greyed out" (or maybe get "blued out" or "yellowed out" in this case). If you have a single "inactive" version, you can correct the contrast - with a simple "blend" color you will always get a compromise only. This compromise will not look very professional sometimes...
Altogether, the "blend mechanism" is a step behind the previous possibilities for making skins with a well-balanced look.
Any chance to get back skinable toolbars?

nila

See what a helpful guy I am!!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2003, 02:35:26 am »

JLee
- U can skip and upgrade as you like - only thing making u do each upgrade is the desire to test the new features/bug fixes in it.
- To do what you want do this:

Artist (grouped 4)/Artist (Grouped 1)/Artist

It'll give u
A-D
E-H
I-L
M-P
Q-T
U-X
Y-Z
Click on any of those to get the next field narrowed down

to say:
A
B
C
D

then:

aeorsmith
aaliyah
abba

etc - solution solved :)

nila

Waiter - I have a BUG in my Soup!!
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2003, 02:36:31 am »

BUGS
  • New View schemes inside groups are not appearing unless the group is first opened then closed.

• Can no longer customise which items on the toolbar have text via the registry hack. I LOVE being able to customise which ones do and which dont, I REALLY tweak it to my own tastes and I think this REALLY needs to be easy to configure as to which do and which dont simply via the customise toolbar menu. If not then we need to be able to use the registry hack :(

• Properties pane does not update (show new fields created, changes to list type values etc) unless it is closed and then re-opened.

• The panes are not working correctly for list types - it is showing all the values of the list whether or not there are any files actually using that value.  

• No real way to control images sent to 'playing now' if there are a lot of them - just says: too many to list - means I cant remove, re-order them at all or anyting - kind of defeats the purpose. Would like to be able to toggle the playlist in 'playing now' to toggle between the audio files and the images so that the list could show me all my images and let me deal with them properly.

• ALL panes are the same width no matter what they show resulting in some panes having literally 1" wasted space next to them while the pane next to it has all the fields with half of the info missing  

• Dont have 'rotate' tools for .bmp's - only jpg's.

• Grouping for 'Last Played, Filename, Dimensions, FileSize etc dont work - we need to be able to perform grouping with these too

• Clicking on the blank space in the properties window expands the 'Calculated Fields' group - with all the other groups we have to click on the group name - calculated fields should be like that too.

• Right click - locate file - this is just one big list like 'Send To/Playlists' used to be - it needs to follow the parent/child setup of the tree.

• Choosing Fields to add /change to - needs to be split instead of one big list:
    - Audio
    - Date
    - File
    - Custom

(Should follow the properties grouping - Which we need to be able to set and customise ourselves (preferably per view scheme)

nila

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme - Wahoo!- I'm insane(no sleep)
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2003, 02:37:29 am »

REQUESTS

• The auto hiding of the toolbar on the properties window makes it look alot nicer BUT the only way to access or even realise that the playlist/image/format/statistics window is there is via the little menu on the toolbar - for a first time user they'd have a hard enough time realising these other windows where there just from the little menu, if u then hide this window on top of that I feel that you are basically totally hiding this feature from them.

Split Screen

Location Toolbar
  • Be able to customise this per view scheme - it's a great tool and for all my image view schemes I want to see: rotate image, aquire, flip, etc. For audio files I'd love to be able to have all the Library tools available as buttons - Get properties from filename, rename from properties etc. I've been dying for a 'tools' toolbar for ages and this could be it if we were aloud to have it 'sticky' to remember our settings per view scheme and we could add buttons for the other tasks.

Properties
  • Ability to create custom groups  
  • Ability to customise which fields show in a view - preferably also with a button that toggles: Show all fields/Customised Fields - for the properties window  
  • When creating calculated fields - some way of getting a list of all values that can be entered (right clicking with a list of insert values?)  
  • Date fields need some way to be customised to choose what format they display/write the date as - they are also very confusing knowing exactly how the info is meant to be entered if u want to include time etc as well as the date  

• GOOD ONE Custom fields to do calculations of the files grouped by that sorting (ie equivalent to what we see in the status bar when we click on a pane) - Would like ones for: Average rating (of the group - not for anything specific so if we used it with an artist group it would display the average rating for that artist, if we did it with album it would display the adverage rating for that album etc - and for total time so we could do the same again - total time for the artist, total time for the album etc. as well as number of tracks  

Converting/Encoding
  • A GUI to let us tweak the settings for the different formats - especially the most standard formats.  
  • Ability to save settings  

Ripping
  • More options with the ripping in terms of: Rip and encode simultaneously, rip track then encode track rip next track and encode next track etc., rip all tracks then encode all tracks, rip and encode in the background allowing us to que up tracks to be encoded while MC is ripping the CD's as fast as it can.  
  • Ability to save profile of all the settings like there is in EAC (good for being able to quickly change loads of settings like: New CD, Old Scratched CD)  
  • When a CD is entered for ripping and the track info known - enable us to edit the text displayed before ripping the tracks.  
  • An option to write CRC Checksum into the comment field  
  • An option to create a .m3u playlist file for the album ripped  
  • Support of ripping with .cue sheet support  
  • Ability to rip multiple songs as one file  

Burning
  • Ability to rename files  DONE - THANKS!!!!  Need the next one BADLY too!!
  • An option to have the burn playlist automatically saved to a playlist group called: 'Burnt Items' with the CD then saved with the date and time of burn or AT LEAST an option, like EVERY other windows program has, to give us a prompt before wiping out the whole playlist after burning (this is totally oposite to EVERY other program and is HUGELY annoying - pressing a 'Clear Playlist' button is not a hard task to clear it if people want to or answering a : Do u wish to clear the playlist : yes/no' question.)  

Other
  • Export to XML - right now this just exports the WHOLE library. There needs to be some way of choosing which fields to export and also to be able to set a search criteria of what to export. Right now the only way to do this is to create a clone library, do the search criteria and delete everything that doesn't match it, remove the unwanted fields and then export - a HUGE pain in the ass.
  • Folder monitoring  
    this was discussed previously and decided against as it would slow down the start of MC but if it could be set up so that it acted like a screen saver and just started checking the folders etc after X minutes of the computer being idle it would work great.

New XML file for menu's - great but a few points:
  • Right now it's impossible to tell what the shortcut keys refer to - If I know what the key does inside MC I can look up the key and then see what it's value is but I cant look at the XML and from that tell what key shortcut does what.
  • No indication of what enteries are for top or bottom or location toolbar - it should be split up into three groups - top toolbar, bottom toolbar, location toolbar as three items with it's items underneath them as child properties.
  • It'd be nice if ALL values for MC that were possible were listed in this file and just commented out to make it alot easier to edit.
  • A button on the customise toolbar to spawn this external file would make sure that people who dont visit the MC forum would be aware of it. Maybe have one that says: Advanced - when clicked it pop's up a warning message about messing with the XML etc. then spawns the XML file?

ZRocker

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2003, 04:24:42 am »

Bugs:
1. Tab key does not work when using in-place editing of tag data...when you have more than one track selected (multple file editing at once). UPDATED

JohnT

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2003, 05:19:00 am »

CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Audio CDs are coming up with no CD Text regardless of decode options.  PlexWriter 40/12/40A.

I assume you have the CD-Text option enabled in the cd writer settings dialog. How are you verifying whether there is cd-text on the disk or not?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

nila

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2003, 05:42:16 am »

John - Thanks for renaming from properties!!!

Any chance of burn playlist saving either automatically or via a prompt before wiping it? :)

Pretty please?

davidne0uk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2003, 07:30:03 am »

Hi,

I changed to 215 today and I am now having problems updating tags from the library. 1204 tags fail to update from 1514 files.

Any ideas?

Where can I look for more information (logs), all I get is faied to update tags.

Thanks

Davie

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2003, 08:18:09 am »

In the iPod drive F in My Computer,
clicking on the Contacts or Notes folders creates an error: "Parameter is incorrect."
The Calendar folder is fine.

Sam,

If you can see the contacts or calendars folder on your iPod, you've already got problems.  I suggest posting to the iPod support thread and continuing on there.

One should never see contacts or calendars on their iPod when using MC9.  If you do, your iPod isn't being recognized as an iPod from the get-go, so everything else will surely fail.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

jleerigby

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2003, 09:36:55 am »

The text in the Player depicting which track is playing doesn't include artist name - only track name and album.  

Did it always do that?  I'd much rather see <<track>> by <<artist>> than the album name.

jleerigby

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2003, 09:42:15 am »

The text in the Player depicting which track is playing doesn't include artist name - only track name and album.  

Did it always do that?  I'd much rather see <<track>> by <<artist>> than the album name.

Funny how you spend ages trying to find something then give up and within seconds of posting a question you find it after all!.

Right Click on Player> Customise Display

It wasn't easy to find though.  I looked under the View Menu at first then Player>Display Options then Tools>Options.  It would be good to add this panel as a menu option.

jleerigby

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2003, 09:59:04 am »

6. The statistics displayed at the bottom on the Content window when Playing Now is selected does NOT display the sum of all tracks in the list if one is selected (only when all or none are selected).  This has been changed in the past and, in the end, reverted back to MJ 7, MJ 8 and MC 9 behaviour...can we have in back in MC 9.1? Or, at least, a user settable option for how 'we' want it (either way)?

Second that one.  When 1 track only is selected I prefer to see stats for the full list.

ZRocker

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2003, 10:17:11 am »

Bug:
1. This Portable Device upload bug has been in MC since 9.0 (at least):
a. Insert CF card in USB CF-Reader
b. Refresh MC and select driver letter under CD, DVD & Handhelds for USB CF-Reader
c. Expand the directories on the CF-Card
d. Queue 10 Playing Now tracks in an empty folder on CF-Card (MC is playing tunes too)
e. Start the upload to CF-Card
f. With upload running, click on the Playing Now node (expecting upload to run in the background)....OUCH...MC crashes (100% of the time in all 9.0 and 9.1 releases).

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
Is anyone else seeing this? 9.1.215 beta available
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2003, 12:07:49 pm »

There is STILL a problem ripping consecutive CD's. The first CD inserted rips fine but when I add the second CD and try to rip it, it just hangs at "Initializing" the first song. This is VERY annoying  >:(

I'm rippng to WMA @ 192KBS. I primarily use the  Yamaha for ripping, but the problem occurs with both the DVD and CDRW.

Otherwise, MC is awesome!

Media Center Registered 9.1.215 -- C:\Program Files\_MULTIMEDIA\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2385 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 639 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:18  MaxSpeed:20  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

ZRocker

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2003, 12:23:08 pm »

Bugs:
1. The Locate submenu of items is sorted all wacky (ie, no sorting...just some random order)...makes it hard to find the view scheme you want to 'locate in'.

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2003, 01:19:10 pm »

Bug (present since the first 9.1 beta, AFAIK)

When starting in windowed mode (+always on top), the display is not refreshed with most visualisations (having no visualizations works fine and brings the album cover which is great... with most of the other visualizations I tested, it is necessary to click on the display to initialize the screen)

jleerigby

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2003, 02:11:28 pm »

Bug:

Of the 3 buttons on the player window if you hover over the third is says:

DSP Studio
(Playback filter: Off)

Playback filter has nothing to do with DSP studio.  If you click the button it brings up DSP but there is no sign of a button to set the playback filter.

Suggestion:

If you customise the player display you can add items like [Zone] and [Playstate].  It would be nice to be able to add something like [Playbackfilterstate] to indicate whether the filter is on or not.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Enhancement request - Client stats back to Server
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2003, 05:25:23 pm »

Hi!

In some future version, would it be possible to have functionality in the client to pass play stats (last played, times played, etc) back to the server end.

The server keeps a tabs on this for it's own purposes, but I rarely play my stuff on the server.

It would be very good indeed if stats for ALL clients were gathered together in one place.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Cheers
Rob

RemyJ

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2003, 09:45:12 pm »

I assume you have the CD-Text option enabled in the cd writer settings dialog. How are you verifying whether there is cd-text on the disk or not?

John,  I've had the same problem with CD-TEXT since the first 9.1 release.   Reading and writing both work with MC 9.0 and Nero.  

Media Center Registered 9.1.215 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 329 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     CD-RW  CRX220E1    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2003, 10:42:54 pm »

Scrolling seems to be delayed either right as i drag the vertical scroll bar, or a few seconds after i start. I only have about 2000 songs, and this wasn't an issue in builds before .211

Each delay is about 3 or 4 seconds.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2003, 10:46:49 pm »

I've actually realized that this happens right before i hit a spot where files are missing (my network, where some of files are, goes out at times).

Still, i haven't noticed this is earlier builds.

Omni

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2003, 11:01:34 pm »

I've actually realized that this happens right before i hit a spot where files are missing (my network, where some of files are, goes out at times).

Still, i haven't noticed this is earlier builds.

Do you have the "Update tags when file info changes" turned on (under General options)?  If so, you may want to try turning it off to see if the problem goes away.

Omni

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2003, 11:08:56 pm »

Omni,
i turned that option off, and the delay seems shorter, but there still is one...i may just be a naturally impatient person.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2003, 05:38:04 am »

Evening everybody,
I'm wondering, if I upgrade to the 9.1 beta from 9.0, will I have to re-make all of my carefully made view schemes (and groups) and playlists (and playlist groups) from scratch again?
I'm very happy with v9.0 but I'd like to make use of the replay gain feature for ipod.
Also, how close is the current beta build to being a final build? Do you have a time limit on how long you will spend on it?
Thank you,
Bri

LonWar

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2003, 05:50:19 am »

View scemes, you will mostlikely need to recreate them.
If you have something Like go back or Ghost I would back your system up first in case you don't like it you can get all the old stuff back.

As to when this will be released... I seen a thread were he said more then 2 weeks and less then 4 months....
-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2003, 06:36:17 am »

Playlists are preserved from 9.0.

View schemes aren't. (they changed too much)

Always backup your library before upgrading.  You don't need to do anything else.

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Vertical Scrollbars Still Missing
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2003, 06:37:36 am »

When selecting something from the left-most selection pane the other vertical scrollbars disappear.

Also, after ripping a CD the "Analyzing Devices" dialog box takes forever to disappear.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2003, 11:33:23 am »

I've just installed 9.1
Its a massive imporvement. a lot better than 9.0. I love the panes. But the panes for grouping really have to be resizeable or at least, smaller by default. methinks. great job though, really.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2003, 12:30:51 pm »

Can you please, please, pretty please ... make MC 9.1 compatible with these Real Alternative codecs.

http://ld2.edskes.com/realalt100.exe

The package includes a "classic medial player"  that plays real content using the codecs.  
But when I try to play real media using MC 9 a get a message to install Real Player.
I have just uninstalled the Real One thinking that with the "Real Alternative" MC 9 would play real media.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up