INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists missing files  (Read 1503 times)

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck
Playlists missing files
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:04:29 am »

At some point, all the tracks in at least three playlists have gone missing. Others are fine.

I recently upgraded to MC22, not sure if that's when it happened or what. In the process, I had to restore from a previous version backup because the MC22 install didn't automatically convert/copy the database.

Is it possible to import/restore playlists from an old backup, or is there some other way I might recover these playlists?

aviateur

• World Citizen
Re: Playlists missing files
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:51:06 am »

Hi:

The option File > Library > Restore Library... > Options (see image) indicates that you can restore playlists from a backup.

Cheers,
Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:59:07 am »

Hi:

The option File > Library > Restore Library... > Options (see image) indicates that you can restore playlists from a backup.

Cheers,
Lawrence

But that restores everything, right? Just need three playlists.

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 10:19:28 am »

Hi:

You are correct. I just ran a test. There is no option for the restore that allows you to select specific Playlists. But what you could do is first, backup your current library. Then restore an older version that contains the missing playlists. Then export the three playlists that are missing to you desktop by right-clicking the playlist you wish to export by choosing 'Export Playlist...' (see image). Then restore your most recent library backup and then individually restore each of the three playlists you just exported into MC (File > Import Playlist...).

Cheers,
Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 10:25:36 am »

Hi:

You are correct. I just ran a test. There is no option for the restore that allows you to select specific Playlists. But what you could do is first, backup your current library. Then restore an older version that contains the missing playlists. Then export the three playlists that are missing to you desktop by right-clicking the playlist you wish to export by choosing 'Export Playlist...' (see image). Then restore your most recent library backup and then individually restore each of the three playlists you just exported into MC (File > Import Playlist...).

Cheers,
Lawrence

Thanks. Was thinking something like that, but think I'll set up a second temp library to restore into. May have to do it several times to find a backup that has the playists intact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up