INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I go from Theater View > TV Guide >start viewing TV, skiping the screen for  (Read 1446 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I'd like to simplify the steps for watching a TV show (from Theater View).

Currently it works like this (from main Theater View menu I select): (1) Video> (2) Guide> (3) then scroll and select the TV channel I want, and (4) hit Okay/Enter)> (5) that takes me to the screen to select "Watch, Record, Subscribe,"> where "Watch" is already selected, and then (6) hit Okay/Enter on remote once more.

Can I somehow skip the screen with the "Watch, Record, Subscribe, ..." and just have the TV channel start playing once I select the channel and hit "Okay/Enter" on remote? I want to skip 5 and 6 if possible.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Since in step 5 "Watch" is the first item and is automatically selected, all you have to do is to press Enter one more time.

Alternatively, instead of pressing Enter/OK in step 4, press the Play (triangle) button, or CTRL+P on keyboard.  That allows you to play that channel without going through the last step.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

So there is no way to skip this screen (by skip I mean "not have")?  I only suggest this to make MC "cleaner" and "simpler" to use. I see no reason for this screen/step for normal family TV viewing.

There is no keyboard in my use and looking for the play button on the remote (in the dark) is more difficult than just doing steps 5 and 6.

If it can't be done as I suggest, then that's okay. I can live with it. 

Maybe you can consider this idea for a future version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up