INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing columns in a view doesn't save, always reverts to default  (Read 2132 times)

tjterrapin

• Recent member

Just a quick question, couldn't find an answer for this in the instructions or forum so far... On Mac 10.12.3 MacBook Pro Touchbar with MC 22.0.75.  I customized the columns in the Artist view to suit my use, but the changes don't save.  When I re open the program, all columns and their order are back to default.  Is there an additional step I need to take or am I doing something wrong in trying to change the columns in the view?   Thanks in advance for the assistance.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing columns in a view doesn't save, always reverts to default
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:40:43 pm »

This is a well known behavior if you are changing the column layout on an MC Client that is connected to an MC Server.  In that case, what you want to do is go to the server and make your column changes there.  Then when you use the Client, you'll see the layout changes you made on the Server.

Brian.

tjterrapin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:16:39 pm »

What if I'm not connected to a library server?  I don't think I need to run this as client and server.  I turned off the library server options and now the columns will save but the font size for all text goes to a miniscule 10 whenever I exit and reopen the program.  Sorry to be a bother, I'm just trying to get this set with all of my changes so I can keep it that way moving forward.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 04:26:29 pm »

If you don't need to use client server, then your changes will stick... as you have just proven.  :)

I'm unclear on why your fonts would change.  I only know one place in the menus to change the fonts:  Tools > Options > Tree & View > Select font 

There are size options on *some* skins, but they've never worked very well for me (View > Size > (choose here)). 

There's also a Retina display option that I haven't used because I do not yet own a Retina based Mac.  View > Size > Retina Mode

If none of this seems to help or work, maybe you can describe a bit more fully what you're seeing, and what settings you have changed, etc.

Good luck.

Brian.

tjterrapin

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:12:39 pm »

I changed to retina mode and that seems to get the font size to save.  Unfortunately, column changes are back to reverting to default. 

Here is the situation.  I can customize the columns, save the view and exit the program.  When I reopen, the column changes are there.  However, if I use the left nav to expand the Artists list and click on one of the Artists, then the column changes in that view are always gone.  Even when I go back to the overall "Artist" in the left hand nav, in this view all of the columns have reverted back to default.  In other words, all of the column changes are gone despite what view is chosen in left hand nav.

I am not new to MC and have never had issues like this, so not sure why I can't get done something so simple.  Is there something to do to get a universal save of changes within the application?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 05:17:34 pm »

Each view in MC has it's own set of columns.  I never use that left hand nav tree below individual views.  For example, Artists is a view.  I never drill lower than Artist in the left hand nav.  I don't like it, so I skip it.  In fact I have it turned off in most of my views so you can't do it.  That being said, it's possible that each of these tree items below the view are being treated as their own view and will each save their own set of columns.  I'm not sure. 

If that *is* happening, it seems like something that should be changed.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up