INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists for Series and Episodes  (Read 1250 times)

splashdwn1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Playlists for Series and Episodes
« on: March 22, 2017, 04:11:38 pm »

I have been trying for some time to come up with a solution to what seems like a simple need but so far have been unsuccessful.  I have TV series (SA, SB, SC) which contain episodes (E).  I would like to create a playlist or other mechanism so on Monday I watch SAE1, SBE2 and SCE1 and then say on Tuesday it will play SAE2, SBE3 and SCE2.  I've tried working with playlists and combinations of watched counts or other user defined variables but cannot seem to get it to play like I want.  Of course some episodes could be watched outside the playlist also which make the watched count unreliable for this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlists for Series and Episodes
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:37:01 pm »

It's not clear to me what you're trying to accomplish.  Please describe, at a high level, the task you're trying to automate with a playlist.

Brian.

splashdwn1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Playlists for Series and Episodes
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:08:54 pm »

I have TV series: say Friends, Lost and American Horror Story.  Each with episodes 1 through 10.  I put these all in a playlist (or whatever) and then I play them: Friends season 1 episode 1, Lost season 1 episode 1 and American Horror Story episode 1.  The next time I play the playlist it plays the next episode in the TV series that has not already been played from the playlist.

Essentially I want to for example to watch the same series on Thursdays but have the series episodes play sequentially from one Thursday to the next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up