INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Disposition of 'Jump Back' and 'Jump Forward'  (Read 1284 times)

aviateur

• World Citizen
The Disposition of 'Jump Back' and 'Jump Forward'
« on: March 25, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »

Hello Mates:

I have seen two similar questions related to the subject in the past 30 days. What happened to the playback functions 'Jump Back' and 'Jump Forward'? If you look in the folder 'Default Resources' in the file 'Resource.xml', you discover definitions for the subject commands and keystroke combinations (see images) which indicate the MC core command values are 28040 and 28041. But when you display the wiki documentation for MC Core Commands, they are no longer defined (see image). So, the question for JRiver developers, have these functions been removed by design or is this a mistake?

Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: The Disposition of 'Jump Back' and 'Jump Forward'
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 11:50:21 am »

The Wiki documentation is probably wrong.

Did you test them?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

aviateur

• World Citizen
Re: The Disposition of 'Jump Back' and 'Jump Forward'
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 12:11:54 pm »

I have tested the functions with an audio library only. The subject keystroke combinations, Ctrl-Shift-Left (Jump Back) and Ctrl-Shift-Right (Jump Forward), have no effect even though I do see their definitions in A:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 22\Data\Default Resources\Resource.xml.

However, when you select these functions from the menu path Player > Seek, they do indeed function properly.

Again, I have brought this issue up because the question has surfaced a couple of times recently with others who have wondered what happened to the functions associated with the keystroke combinations, Ctrl-Shift-Left (Jump Back) and Ctrl-Shift-Right (Jump Forward).

Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up