INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make windows in Television resizable  (Read 4032 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Make windows in Television resizable
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:26:01 pm »

I'm currently a lot in the Television window and one thing that annoys me, is that the windows are not resizable. I'd like to use my mouse to click on a border of a window and resize it by dragging. Could this be implemented?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Make windows in Television resizable
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:56:18 pm »

This might be something for a future project :)

For now, you need to hover your mouse pointer to a channel to see the full channel name (if it is long).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tyler69

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 02:10:39 am »

Thanks. Is there a way to export the list in the left column as XML in order to edit it?

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 01:59:38 am »

Bump.
Since most of the channels have some prefix (e.g "HD Favorites - "), this is unusable for now (as long as I don't edit all names to my gusto). So, since it's a future project, is there a way to somehow "mass edit" the channel names?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 08:49:28 am »

There is no way of mass editing names.  Sorry.  Is it possible to configure your DigitalDevices server application so it does not out put such long channel names?

tyler69

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 09:52:46 am »

No, unfortunately not. I'll contact DigitalDevices and ask them. In the meantime: the channel names are all either:

some prefix - channel name
or
radio - some prefix - channel name

Would it be possible to remove everything before "channel name" when importing the m3u into MC?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 10:47:26 am »

Do the same "some prefix - " appear in a large number of channels in the same fashion?  For example, I know a number of your channels begin with "HD Favorites - ".  I also see, for example, something like "Radio - ~ - Service 30105", with a large number of "Radio - ~ - ".  You should be able to edit these out using Find and Replace tool.  But you just can not do it in one shot for all different prefixes.  You can do it once for "HD Favorites - ", once for "Radio - ~ - ", etc.

tyler69

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 01:45:08 pm »

How do I import a m3u into MC?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 02:35:15 pm »

How do I import a m3u into MC?

If you are talking about importing channels data into MC, there is no other way than running channel scanning, which means you can not control which file to import.  MC always download the file directly from the server.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 02:39:00 pm »

What I suggested earlier, about trimming down the channel names, was to manipulate MC TV channels as database entries, much like your audio files or video files.  For that purpose, you need to create a "TV Channels" smartlist.  The rules for creating such smartlist are shown in the screenshot below (the rule about not showing hidden channels is optional).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 03:54:08 pm »

I added an option to shorten the channel name during scan.  If you would like to test it now, please download this exe file.

Changed: An option "If channel names include multiple parts separated by '-', use last part of the name" was added for Sat>IP TV channel scanning using server-provided channel list file.

tyler69

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 06:44:19 am »

I added an option to shorten the channel name during scan.  If you would like to test it now, please download this exe file.

Changed: An option "If channel names include multiple parts separated by '-', use last part of the name" was added for Sat>IP TV channel scanning using server-provided channel list file.

Thanks. This works nicely. Is it possible to differentiate between radio an tv channels somehow (when using this option)?
Also on a sindenote: some channels get mapped wrong. See attached screenshot.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 10:21:31 am »

Thanks. This works nicely. Is it possible to differentiate between radio an tv channels somehow (when using this option)?
Do you mean leaving the prefix "Radio - " in the name for radios?

I think I can do that.

Also on a sindenote: some channels get mapped wrong. See attached screenshot.

We try matching multiple rounds, each with progressively more relaxed condition.  Perhaps the last round is too relax.  Those channels seem to have no good match.  I will have to remove the last round that is too relaxed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 12:09:27 pm »

Made the following changes:

Changed: When doing a Sat>IP channel scan with the "short name" option, channel names that begin with "Radio - " will keep the "Radio - " prefix.
Changed: Revised the Sat>IP channel to xmltv ID matching to reduce chances of mismatch.

The exe for testing.

tyler69

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 10:51:02 am »

Thanks. Unfortunately this build leads to an unresponsive MC as soon as mc2xml is triggered during tv setup. Also mc2xml keeps popping up then.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 12:46:56 pm »

Thanks. Unfortunately this build leads to an unresponsive MC as soon as mc2xml is triggered during tv setup. Also mc2xml keeps popping up then.

MC appeared to be stuck at mc2xml loading.  It failed a couple of times.  On the third try, maybe you did not see the mc2xml popup window (it might be hidden behind the MC or other windows), and thus did not dismiss it.

When you run MC TV setup, the mc2xml window is run in GUI mode.  Therefore you should expect to have its popup showing.  On the first popup, you should enter your country and postal code and make sure the first choice "microsoft" on the upper left corner for "Service" is selected.  On the second popup you should select the lineup that works the best for you.

If mc2xml keeps failing (and repeatedly showing popups), try deleting this file:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 22\Settings\mc2xml\DigitalDevices_OctopusNET.dat

and try again.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 01:56:44 pm »

I just tried mc2xml outside of MC using your locale info.  It failed with "Error: CFS".  It could be the server problem at the EPG supplier in your country.  From time to time we do get errors, sometimes it can last for days.  There is nothing we can do about that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up