INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Twonky dlna server in a NAS, can't see all the songs  (Read 4424 times)

dxz_bb

I bought Jriver22 and I wanna play musics through dlna from NAS, I use Twonky as the dlna server in my QNAP NAS with QTS 4.3.3 FW. When I load the library, JRiver can only load a small part of songs(about 700 songs can be seen in Audio). But most of songs disappeared(about 50000 songs totally ), and only one song per album. Half of musics are flac and half are dsd format.

I have tried JRiver on two PCs, all the same.

When I use foobar as the player, I can find all the songs in the NAS. And I can see all the songs in Kazoo of Linn controller software. Only JRiver has the problem.

Did anyone has the same situation?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with Twonky dlna server in a NAS, can't see all the songs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 01:30:02 pm »

You need to let MC import your media from a file system folder on your NAS. And not from the DLNA server on the NAS. Turn off the DLNA server on the NAS (you don't need it). Turn on the file system file sharing on the NAS, and set MCs library to auto import the respective file system folder from the NAS.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

dxz_bb

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 09:24:12 pm »

You need to let MC import your media from a file system folder on your NAS. And not from the DLNA server on the NAS. Turn off the DLNA server on the NAS (you don't need it). Turn on the file system file sharing on the NAS, and set MCs library to auto import the respective file system folder from the NAS.

Thanks for your reply.

I can't turn off the NAS DLNA server because I need it in my Linn streamer system, the Linn KDS player always plays the musics from DLNA server. According to your advice, I need to use windows file sharing system to load the songs in the NAS by SMB protocol, right? I used to add musics by file sharing like local resources and it always worked well. But  I noticed DLNA is more effective than SMB especially for hi-res musics and JRiver support DLNA server,  player, renderer and controller, so I hope to play remote musics by DLNA.

Can JRiver support the mode(DLNA server in the NAS, JRiver as a controller/renderer and PC as player)? If yes, what setups should I make to let it work well? If no, which DLNA mode did JRiver support(need JRiver to be a DLNA server or so)?

Looking forward to your directions. Thanks a lot.

Jacob

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:41:04 am »

I would suggest having MC load the files by SMB from your NAS, and having MC act as the DLNA server, DLNA control point, and DLNA server. As I say, ditch Twonky as it only adds to the confusion..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

dxz_bb

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 02:55:41 am »

I would suggest having MC load the files by SMB from your NAS, and having MC act as the DLNA server, DLNA control point, and DLNA server. As I say, ditch Twonky as it only adds to the confusion..

Thanks for your quick reply.
It seems that there are some compatibility problems between JRiver and Twonky server(Mini server had the same situation). Hoping it can be resolved by JRiver R&D team in the near future. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 06:29:19 am »

Andrew's suggestion is correct.  Don't use DLNA / UPnP at all on the server.  Just use it as a file server.  MC can then import files from it.

dxz_bb

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 09:13:10 am »

Andrew's suggestion is correct.  Don't use DLNA / UPnP at all on the server.  Just use it as a file server.  MC can then import files from it.

Thanks a lot for all your advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up