INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD playback lost after upgrade  (Read 1038 times)

jjg2017

• Recent member
DSD playback lost after upgrade
« on: March 31, 2017, 07:10:26 pm »

Hi,

My JR MC22 did an auto update yesterday to the latest build 22.0.88.  Then yesterday evening I tried to play one of my SACD iso rips that I have played many times previously on my system (HP Desktop USB output > Audioquest jitterbug > Questyle CMA600i (Questyle ASIO audio driver) > XLR out to headphone amp.).  But I no longer get play just a very loud hiss with faint track playback in the background of the hiss.  I have reloaded both MC22 and the Questyle drivers but that did not not resolve this problem.  My 44k flac files play back without issue as before.

Anyone else have this problem after update?  Any suggestions as to a possible fix?

If I can't resolve this over the weekend I will have to borrow another 600i from my local dealer and see if the problem might be with the Questyle itself.  But I though I would post here first as its a pain to drive there out and back just to test the unit's functioning.

Thanks for any and all help

John

jjg2017

• Recent member
Re: DSD playback lost after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 07:17:14 pm »

Hi again,

Found my problem right after posting the previous - the AQ jitterbug!

Pulled my jitterbug and all is well again.

Question: did something change in the latest update to now render the jitterbug nonfunctional?  I suspect not.

I will use another jitterbug later tonight and see if indeed it is a jitterbug failure.

Thanks for listening.

John

jjg2017

• Recent member
Re: DSD playback lost after upgrade
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 07:21:59 pm »

Final Hi,

Had to try the other Jitterbug immediately just to know.  And that was the problem.

Should have thought of it sooner but did not. Oh well.

But thanks for allowing me to take up space with these three meaningless posts!.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up