INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VCD support  (Read 1016 times)

dedidio

• Junior Woodchuck
VCD support
« on: July 12, 2003, 12:24:51 pm »

Am I missing something or can I not play VCD's in MC?

A quick search of the boards gave me no results even referring to VCD's.  What's the position?

Ideally I just want to insert VCD, right-click on the drive its in and select Play.

While I'm writing a post (and on a similar topic), does the DVD play seem a little messy to other people as well.  Right click and play adds all the files on the dvd and plays them.  Yes it is nice to be able to add indicidual files to a playlist for those hard to find 'easter eggs', however most of the time I would just like to play a DVD as a DVD, just with one item in my 'playing now' ((same would go for VCD's))

Keep up the great work, I recommend MC to everyone.
http://www.theindependentstate.co.uk - Where everyone is as bored as you.

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: VCD support
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 08:34:48 pm »

MC does not support VCD as i think!
Tamer

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 10:20:25 pm »

YES! I requested this a long time ago. TO make MC an all round media center.....let it be compatible w/ the VCD format!

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 09:01:35 pm »

No VCD in MC :(  Actually, I am sure MC can decode the .dat files if they were renamed into .mpg files, but it's just an issue of making MC recognize a .dat file as a legitimate video file, or even better, recognize a vcd folder structure so it knows a VCD from a DVD or music cd, etc. Should be a simple coding task if time ever permitted; however, with the myriad of things in progress, who knows.

DVD play is pretty good on my system, but I watch my DVDs in fullscreen mode anyway, so I don't much notice the playlist being over-populated. I do wish there was a way to get the DVD info automatically (a-la WMP9) so it had the DVD title and other details visible.

On another note, does anyone have an idea on this? I can not find a way to access the brightness/contrast controls for video playback, and many of my AVIs and MPEGs are rather dark on my display. I have my overlay adjustments up to a nominal level for my particular gamma curve, but i mean the individual differences between files make it hard to watch some of my movies, going into display properties to constantly readjust is lame. TV controls are all accessible, but nothing for video. Am I not looking somewhere?

Also, as a suggestion should the powers-that-be @ J River see this, is there anyway to get the fullscreen resolution for Fullscreen TV/Video and Fullscreen Hairstyle set independently? My TV card looks best in 640x480 but get a horrible 640x480 res when I exit TV into hairstyle mode. Uuuuugh. Things are great if I go into normal Mega-Me mode though. I should prob post this in the proper forum though.

Cheers.
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Pages: [1]   Go Up