INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DIY Active Speakers using JRiver  (Read 2005 times)

kiwiguy5719

DIY Active Speakers using JRiver
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:14:20 pm »

Hello,
I am new here but I am interested in using jriver to make some active loudspeakers.
I am thinking I can use a home theater amp for the channel amplification just not sure how jriver can interface with the receiver.
I am guessing the usb inputs on home theater amps are really only setup for iphones etc, would a usb to HDMI cable work for getting the data into the amp.

Thanks for any advice.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: DIY Active Speakers using JRiver
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:30:26 am »

How many channels do you need? You can use HDMI for up to 8 channels. I would use HDMI from your computer directly to the receiver. This means you could do three 2-way speakers with subs, two 3-way speakers with subs, or two 4-way speakers. You also need to send the video to the receiver. You will need to either duplicate or extend your desktop if using Windows.

kiwiguy5719

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 04:43:52 pm »

Okay awesome I brought myself a HT amp during the week but its only 5.1 so I assume I can make  a 3 way system.
Is there any guide that someone has created for using the filters ets in jr for doing this.

Cheers
Blair

charles0322

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:59:47 pm »

Okay awesome I brought myself a HT amp during the week but its only 5.1 so I assume I can make  a 3 way system.
Is there any guide that someone has created for using the filters ets in jr for doing this.

Cheers
Blair

It seems like this issue goes unanswered. In my case I would be using 4 separate amps for a 4 way system and want to route my DAC outputs to the slopes I did in MC22..

In your case it would be over HDMI and you could do it with each of the 6 outputs as 3 stereo outputs with three different crossover frequencies.

I need a mac friendly VST I believe  in order to do the way way with four separate outs and my 10 channel sound card
Pages: [1]   Go Up