INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video resumption to last played position still does not work  (Read 17690 times)

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video resumption to last played position still does not work
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 10:02:55 pm »

I will stop LM Remote Keymap and try again. If that doesn't work I will uninstall it, restart my computer and try again.

stewart_pk

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 05:41:31 am »

Test with LM Remote Keymap stopped == FALSE. //Failed.
Test with LM Remote Keymap unistalled == FALSE. //Failed.

And to stop playback each time I used the mouse to hover up to the stop button and then left mouse clicked it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 06:27:26 am »

Try the test sequence I posted here:
If you do a test where you play the movie, stop it, play the audio, play the movie again and it starts from the beginning, then;
Press Ctrl-1 on your keyboard to go to Standard View. The movie should keep playing in the Action Window area.
Use Standard View to find the movie.
Use the Tag Window, or add the Bookmark column to a View, and check the Bookmark value. I think it will be cleared.

When you follow the above sequence the movie shouldn't be Paused and so the Bookmark value won't be saved. If it is empty now, then something is clearing the Bookmark,

If that shows the bookmark is blank, try capturing what is happening in a MC log.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2017, 09:36:09 pm »

So it has been a week, more or less. Any feedback?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stewart_pk

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2017, 10:46:14 pm »

I needed a rest; while this software is still my favourite by far it can be quite draining at times.
Especially when KODI just works with the core basics you'd expect from a media player.
I'll get back to you soon.

stewart_pk

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2017, 05:03:48 am »

OK mate, I enabled logging and had it running while going through the motions.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2017, 10:01:11 pm »

Okay, I found an issue that doesn't exist in a similar log I made. This issue would cause Playback Resume to fail.

However our settings are obviously a bit different, and so are our files. You seem to be using a temporary copy of the Blu-ray that hasn't had audio analysis done, for example. I don't think that sort of thing is the issue, but in order to confirm the cause could you make another log using the same method with a movie file format where Playback Resume actually works? I believe you said this is only a problem with Blu-ray full folder rips, and not with other movie file formats, correct?

Sorry to give you more work, but I think we are close.

stewart_pk

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2017, 10:18:34 pm »

Okay, I found an issue that doesn't exist in a similar log I made. This issue would cause Playback Resume to fail.

However our settings are obviously a bit different, and so are our files. You seem to be using a temporary copy of the Blu-ray that hasn't had audio analysis done, for example. I don't think that sort of thing is the issue, but in order to confirm the cause could you make another log using the same method with a movie file format where Playback Resume actually works? I believe you said this is only a problem with Blu-ray full folder rips, and not with other movie file formats, correct?

Sorry to give you more work, but I think we are close.

I don't allow audio analysis of my Video files. The log was created from playing a Blu-ray full folder rip. I very rarely play anything else.
Like I said before to make it NOT work like in the log I provided, I played an audio (flac) file in between the two playback sessions of the Blu-ray full folder rip.
To make it work I will NOT play an audio (flac) file between the two playback sessions of the Blu-ray full folder rip.
I'll get the log to you soon.

stewart_pk

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2017, 07:55:58 pm »

And here is log file of when resumption of playing a Blu-ray Full Disc rip does work.
Note, this time there was no playback of an audio file in between stopping and starting again.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »

Thanks for the second log Paul.

I asked for that because I saw something I don't see in my installation, and I thought it was the problem. Every time you start playback of an Audio or Video file, four STOP commands are executed, immediately prior to the playback start. Within milliseconds. As you have said that the problem occurs when you use your keyboard to remote, I knew the remote couldn't be sending repeats. It was too fast anyway. It had to be MC, and I thought the multiple STOPs were clearing the Bookmark.

The second log showed that is not the case. What is missing in the first log is a save of the Bookmark after the movie is first played. For some reason, in your environment and setup, MC does not save the Bookmark if you play an Audio track after stopping a movie, just as you said. It just forgets to do it. It would still be interesting to see if the same thing happens with an MP4, MKV, or some format other than a full folder rip of a Blu-ray. I suspect it would happen then as well, or if it doesn't, then such a test may narrow the known conditions under which the problem happens.

I don't know enough about the internal workings of MC, or how to read all the details of the logs, to work out why. But I think you have a real, although unusual, case for JRiver to look at the problem.

It is what people call a "Corner Case" I'm sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to other people who just don't notice, or don't speak up about it. Your case may even be an indicator of a broader problem with Bookmark saving. Or just a very special case. i.e. Bookmarks aren't saved for Audio tracks, so when there is a pending Video Bookmark save, and an Audio track starts playing, MC says "Oh, I don't save Bookmarks for Audio tracks" and discards the planned save. It may even affect other tag saves in similar circumstances.

I have included a summary of your two logs below so you can see what I found. Hopefully, someone from JRiver will use your two logs to work out the cause and fix the problem. Or if I am completely wrong, tell us what is happening. I'm convinced there is enough evidence to look into it.

20170830 Log Summary.

Reset Log and started logging. Version MC23.0.41.
Navigated to the movie "Bad Santa 2".
At 18.954 seconds four STOP commands were issued and completed within 246 milliseconds.
At 19.188 seconds playback of "Bad Santa 2" is started, immediately after the fourth STOP. The Bookmark was empty, as expected.
There was some seeking around the movie, the last to about 10 minutes, then playback for about 5 seconds.
At 33.829 seconds a normal, single STOP command is issued, also including "Updating playback state" and "Applying database changes", so the movie Bookmark is set.
Then there is navigation to the Audio section and "Abbath" is selected.
At 45.969 seconds four STOP commands were issued and completed within 246 milliseconds.
At 46.188 seconds playback of "Abbath - Abbath - 01 To War!.flac" is started, immediately after the fourth STOP.
At 59.016 seconds a normal, single STOP command is issued.
Navigated to movie "Bad Santa 2" again.
At 74.329 seconds four STOP commands were issued and completed within 234 milliseconds.
At 74.563 seconds playback of "Bad Santa 2" is started, immediately after the fourth STOP. The movie Bookmark was empty, which was not expected, but perhaps explained by the four STOPs above.
At 85.625 seconds a normal, single STOP command is issued, also including "Updating playback state" and "Applying database changes", so the movie Bookmark is set.
At 107.750 seconds the updated Bookmark is saved to the library.
At 107.954 seconds logging finished.

20170902 Log Summary.

Log file starts at 9.828 seconds.
Navigate to the movie "Snatched".
At 17.031 seconds four STOP commands were issued and completed within 234 milliseconds.
At 17.265 seconds playback of "Snatched" is started, immediately after the fourth STOP. The Bookmark was empty, as expected.
There was some seeking around the movie, the last to about 10.5 minutes, then playback for about 5 seconds.
At 30.094 seconds the updated Bookmark is saved to the library.
At 30.312 seconds a normal, single STOP command is issued, also including "Updating playback state" and "Applying database changes", so the movie Bookmark is set.
At 34.031 seconds four STOP commands were issued and completed within 234 milliseconds.
At 34.265 seconds playback of "Snatched" is started, immediately after the fourth STOP. The Bookmark has a value of 646621ms, or a bit over 10.75 minutes. Which is correct.
At 44.094 seconds a normal, single STOP command is issued, also including "Updating playback state" and "Applying database changes", so the movie Bookmark is set.
At 50.969 seconds the updated Bookmark is saved to the library.
At 51.172 seconds logging finished.

Notes:
All STOP command sequences include the messages "Updating playback state" and "Applying database changes". It is not clear to me for which records updates are occuring, except when it is a single STOP which actually stops playback of a file.
Multiple STOP commands would normally clear the Bookmark, but didn't in the second log, when the second play of the movie started. It looks like because playback of the movie hadn't started yet, the multiple STOPs didn't apply to the movie.
I'm assuming now that you have four Zones set up in MC, and each Zone is receiving a STOP command before playback of a new file is started. Ah yes, the Default (Player), IPC (WDM), Audio, and ASIO In Zones.

stewart_pk

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2017, 10:59:37 pm »

Thanks again for your efforts Roderick. How many Zones do you have configured in JRiver MC?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2017, 11:45:05 pm »

No problem Paul.

On my HTPC I only have the one Zone, the default "Player" Zone, plus one or more automatic Zones created by having a DLNA Renderer on my network, usually just my Sony TV. I've deleted other Zones for Audio and Video playback I had on the HTPC some time ago. One day I will get around to setting up the WDM again and will have an IPC Zone.

My Workstation has more Zones, but I didn't test there.

I think that explains the lack of additional STOPs in my logs. Three of the additional STOPs in your logs identify the Zone they apply to. The one that doesn't would be the default Zone.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2017, 12:19:12 am »

Morning RoderickGI, stewart_pk...

Here's a thing I learned recently, that's causing the opposite to happen for me, i.e., a second press of the Stop button is no longer clearing the bookmark, and as the 'feature' that is supposed to reset the movie to the start if you press stop without watching the 10 minutes of credits isn't working for me, I had kind of come to rely on that second press of 'Stop'...

Which leaves me with a "Daddy or Chips" decision to make...

What did I do?
Well, I only have a pair of stereo speakers attached to the onboard audio-out of the HTPC. I have been struggling with an issue where, when watching movies, all the music is deafening, while the speech is barely audible, for years. I still struggle with it.

I have got it to the best place I can at the moment by using zone-switch to play movies in the 'Movies' zone, where I've messed with the equaliser to try and bring the spoken dialogue up a bit, and the music down a lot. The zone-switch is simple... if it's a movie, play in the movie zone, otherwise, play in the default zone.

However, this was messing with play doctor playlists in theater view, because zone-switch doesn't work with Play Doctor lists, meaning that if 'Movies' was the last zone used, the play doctor list would start in there, and sound absolutely awful!

That is what I fixed, by setting "Tools > Options > Theater View > Advanced > Switch to zone on load" to the default 'Player' zone.
Now, whenever a movie is stopped, display view closes, and the last used theater view screen loads, and the zone switches back to 'Player'.
The second press of the stop button is firing in the wrong zone, and the bookmark doesn't clear. It does save though.

I know it's the opposite of what you guys are chasing, but, I couldn't help think of you both when all of this dawned on me here...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2017, 01:20:06 am »

There could certainly be something to that Marko. It could be the Zoneswitch rules that are creating the additional STOP commands. Paul has a couple of extra Zones by the look of it that don't receive STOP commands, "WASAPI Loopbak" and "Video", and it looks like the "Video" Zone is the default Zone, if that is what "id: 0" means.

So maybe switching Zones is preventing the movie Bookmark from being saved? But it shouldn't. Particularly if it is only happening with full folder Blu-ray rips.

This is from the first log, in which Video, then Audio, then Video was played, and the Bookmark didn't work.

Reset Log and started logging. Version MC23.0.41.
Navigated to the movie "Bad Santa 2".
At 18.954 seconds four STOP commands were issued and completed within 246 milliseconds.
   Line 441:   0019032:   7572: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: IPC (id: 10005)
   Line 463:   0019079:   6752: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Audio (id: 10003)
   Line 485:   0019125:   8212: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: ASIO In (id: 10007)
At 19.188 seconds playback of "Bad Santa 2" is started, immediately after the fourth STOP. The Bookmark was empty, as expected.
   Line 504:   0019188:   3140: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: WASAPI Loopbak (id: 10009)
   Line 558:   0019313:   5976: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Video (id: 0)
There was some seeking around the movie, the last to about 10 minutes, then playback for about 5 seconds.
At 33.829 seconds a normal, single STOP command is issued, also including "Updating playback state" and "Applying database changes", so the movie Bookmark is set.
   Line 2049: 0034219:   8760: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Video (id: 0)
Then there is navigation to the Audio section and "Abbath" is selected.
At 45.969 seconds four STOP commands were issued and completed within 246 milliseconds.
   Line 2292: 0046047:   4036: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: IPC (id: 10005)
   Line 2314: 0046094: 10192: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Video (id: 0)
   Line 2336: 0046141:   8428: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: ASIO In (id: 10007)
At 46.188 seconds playback of "Abbath - Abbath - 01 To War!.flac" is started, immediately after the fourth STOP.
   Line 2355: 0046188:   6908: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: WASAPI Loopbak (id: 10009)
   Line 2456: 0046454: 10052: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Audio (id: 10003)
At 59.016 seconds a normal, single STOP command is issued.
   Line 2614: 0061016:   7344: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Audio (id: 10003)
Navigated to movie "Bad Santa 2" again.
At 74.329 seconds four STOP commands were issued and completed within 234 milliseconds.
   Line 2880: 0074407:   8220: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: IPC (id: 10005)
   Line 2902: 0074454:   7644: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Audio (id: 10003)
   Line 2924: 0074500:   6768: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: ASIO In (id: 10007)
At 74.563 seconds playback of "Bad Santa 2" is started, immediately after the fourth STOP. The movie Bookmark was empty, which was not expected, but perhaps explained by the four STOPs above.
   Line 2943: 0074563:   2208: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: WASAPI Loopbak (id: 10009)
   Line 2995: 0074672:   7340: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Video (id: 0)
At 85.625 seconds a normal, single STOP command is issued, also including "Updating playback state" and "Applying database changes", so the movie Bookmark is set.
   Line 3598: 0085907:   3952: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfoUpdateThread::Thread: Zone: Video (id: 0)
At 107.750 seconds the updated Bookmark is saved to the library.
At 107.954 seconds logging finished.

stewart_pk

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2017, 01:43:42 am »

So maybe switching Zones is preventing the movie Bookmark from being saved? But it shouldn't. Particularly if it is only happening with full folder Blu-ray rips.

I'll double check that. This may very well be a problem with single file (e.g. mkv) video playback too.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2017, 02:42:26 am »

What is your standard test case for reproducing this? Is it just play video, stop, play  audio, stop, play video?

My setup is quite similar at first glance (use zones and switch rules to apply different DSP for different content) and the bookmark feature has always been quite hit and miss, i.e. appears to work at random. It is not an important feature to me though so I have never investigated further or commented on it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2017, 06:29:22 am »

What is your standard test case for reproducing this? Is it just play video, stop, play audio, stop, play video?

Yes, though it was thought to occur only on full folder Blu-ray rips. In Paul's case, made using RedFox AnyDVD HD. Paul also has video pause when entering Theatre View, and often uses Back to stop playing a video instead of Stop, but that is okay because MC now saves Bookmarks when a video is paused.

Paul is going to check if it happens with other files formats.

If the functionality appears to work at random for you Matt, maybe it is both Zoneswitch and format specific. It always works for me with full folder rips of my Blu-rays made using DVDfab and just one Zone.

One thing that is obvious from the logs is that it can take "quite a while" to actually save the Bookmark after a video is stopped. i.e. 25 seconds. That may have some impact on the process, although I would hope that MC cleans up any pending actions properly.

blgentry

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2017, 03:03:59 pm »

Well, I only have a pair of stereo speakers attached to the onboard audio-out of the HTPC. I have been struggling with an issue where, when watching movies, all the music is deafening, while the speech is barely audible, for years. I still struggle with it.

Why do you think that is?  When listening to movies through headphones, which are just stereo, everything sounds balanced to me.  Are you *not* doing JRSS downmixing?  Do your speakers have no midrange drivers?  (kidding!)   Seems like an odd problem.

Brian.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2017, 04:08:41 pm »

My test results

test 1
- play full folder bd rip (via anydvd)
- press stop
- check bookmark (bookmark is set)
- press play
- playback resumes from the start as if the bookmark never existed

test 2
- play mkv
- press stop
- check bookmark (bookmark is set)
- press play
- playback resumes from the bookmark

test 3
- (continues from test 2)
- stop playback
- start audio playback
- stop audio
- start mkv
- playback starts from fresh again

I used a keyboard for this test btw, no theatre view involved just direct keyboard control of the MC client.

If you want any logs then let me know what you want and I'll conduct specific tests in separate logs.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2017, 06:49:13 pm »

Interesting Matt. Different again.

Bookmarks always work for me under your Test 1 scenario, as long as I am far enough into the movie, and not too close to the end. i.e. At least 60 seconds into the movie, and no more than 96% of the way through it. Jumping forward or Fast Forwarding into the movie is required and doesn't affect the outcome of the test. If that is repeatable for you, I would like to see a log.

Test 2 confirms normal behaviour for MKVs, as I get, and Test 3 confirms what Paul sees, but for MKV files. I think we should leave this one for Paul to test and supply a log.

Thanks for adding your voice, Matt.

stewart_pk

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2017, 08:06:35 pm »

I've found same behaviour happens for me with single file (.mkv) playback as full folder Blu-Ray rips.

stewart_pk

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2017, 08:10:59 pm »

What is your standard test case for reproducing this? Is it just play video, stop, play  audio, stop, play video?

Hi, thanks for chiming in.

Your test 3 is the standard test case and result for me with both (.mkv) files and full folder Blu-Ray rips.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2017, 08:20:33 pm »

Okay, it is looking like the use of multiple Zones and Zoneswitch may be the cause of the problem.

But that doesn't explain Matt's Test 1. Which is why seeing a log would be good.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2017, 02:22:51 am »

But that doesn't explain Matt's Test 1. Which is why seeing a log would be good.
I didn't realise you had to be more than a minute in, I assumed that because it created a value in the bookmark tag then it would use it. I repeated the test with a bookmark further into the film and test 1 works as expected now. I repeated test 3 with the later bookmark to double check and that one does still fail. I can post a log for that if you like.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2017, 06:15:00 am »

Thanks for the retest and update Matt.

As Bookmarks always work for me, I might try to find time to set up a couple of Zones and Zoneswitch rules, and see if the functionality then breaks.

Otherwise, I don't think we need more logs just now. I think we need comment from someone at JRiver. Someone who can make more sense of Paul's logs, and maybe confirm the cause, or fix it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2017, 04:04:03 am »

Okay, it is official as far as I'm concerned: Zoneswitch breaks resume to Bookmark functionality for Movies and TV playback if the Zone is switched.

On my HTPC which runs the MC Server, so no Client involvement.
I had only one Zone, the default Player Zone.
I tested playing AVI, MKV, and BDMV Movies and some AVI and MKV TV Episodes. Bookmarks worked for all of them, even when playing Video, Audio, Video, as per our test methodology.
I created two new Zones, "Video" and "Audio", each by copying the "Player" Zone.
I turned on Zoneswitch, which I haven't used in ages, and created Zoneswitch rules.
I used very simple selection rules. If [Media Type]="Video" use the Video Zone, if "Audio" use the Audio Zone.
In each Zone I had the other two zone stopped, so they were all part of an exclusive Zone group.
I started to play a video I had already been testing with Bookmarks, which had a valid Bookmark already. The Movie started from the beginning. It should not have.
I tried with the AVI, MKV, and BDMV Movies I had already checked were working. Initially I didn't even bother playing audio, but there was some inconsistency so I went back to our methodology, and played Video/Audio/Video. In all these tests the movie started from the beginning again.

So I tested on one TV Episode, several times, without playing audio in between. It worked fine every time. Then I played the TV, then audio, then TV and the Bookmarking failed again. So it appeared that if I played the TV Episode without causing Zoneswitch to kick in, Bookmarking worked. But as soon as Zoneswitch kicked in, Bookmarking failed.

I think I'm done testing. If necessary I will produce a log. I have one of the first movie playbacks that failed, but that was immediately after setting up Zoneswitch so I don't think it is entirely representative. This functionality is broken. A fix would be nice because I would like to start testing the WDM with Zoneswitch, but I rely on Bookmarking working too much to have it fail in this way.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2017, 08:03:53 am »

Zoneswitch breaks resume to Bookmark functionality for Movies and TV playback if the Zone is switched

This is interesting because I setup a simple zone switch rule like this:
[Media Type]=[Video]

Then when I play a video, it switches to the zone I had setup and resumes from the bookmark.

Any ideas what might be different?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2017, 09:23:00 am »

have you configured it to stop playback in other zones?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2017, 09:23:58 am »

have you configured it to stop playback in other zones?

Yes, I told it to stop playback in a whole pile of zones.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2017, 10:57:01 am »

Yes, I told it to stop playback in a whole pile of zones.
I don't know what else might be different. RoderickGI has done this from scratch and reproduced it so I suggest just following his approach exactly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2017, 11:29:25 am »

I maybe figured it out.  If the file was in one of the zones that was being stopped (and it was already stopped) it would clear the bookmark.

Have a fix in for the next build.  Hopefully that was it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2017, 06:39:49 pm »

Excellent Matt. That does sound like the situation I tested. That would also be consistent with the "Two Stops clears the Bookmark" functionality.

There was a timing change for those two stops some time back, I think. Something like the second Stop had to be within 10 seconds or so. At least there was a discussion about it I believe. Maybe that contributed to this issue or made it more common.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2017, 07:34:02 pm »

Well, Paul, it looks like your persistence has paid off.

The problem was indeed Zoneswitch sending a Stop to an already stopped Zone, and hence clearing the Bookmark. I think the key to finding the issue was your observation that it happened when you played Video>Audio>Video. Nice.

23.0.51 (9/7/2017)
5. Fixed: Zone Switch would stop playback in other zones and sometimes clear the bookmark unintentionally.

The next public release will probably be MC23.0.52 or later, and will include the fix.

stewart_pk

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2017, 08:01:37 pm »

Thanks so much you guys (Roderick, Matt and Matt).
And Roderick I think your persistence helped greatly too.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up