INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo/JRemote: select audio and subtitle  (Read 2522 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Gizmo/JRemote: select audio and subtitle
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:41:20 am »

Hi

I use my Android tablet as a remote and I wonder if there is a way I can select audiotrack and subtitle from Gizmo? Right now I have to use both the tablet and a wireless keyboard to make the settings. I haven't bought JRemote. Does anybody know if it has these features?

Any other suggestions or help is much appreciated

Regards
Hans

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo/JRemote: select audio and subtitle
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 04:08:43 pm »

Being able to switch on/off, or select subtitles on JRemote or Gizmo - a long time wish of me, as from time to time I am finishing movies on my cell phone.

Especially annoying, if the subtitles are not in sync with the movie.

Unfortunately not possible, as not available in both apps.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P8max mit Tapatalk

jjazdk

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 05:41:24 am »

JRemote on Apple devices is really nice, but the android version is not nearly as good (for whatever strange reason).

I use eos (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lenworthrose.eos&hl=en) and it selecting/switching subtitles works as a charm in eos.
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 06:22:26 am »

To Al ex: I think its a bit strange that its not available in some way. Considering all the settings and customization you can do with the main program. Well... watching Bruce Lee speaking English was ok in the 80s but today I would rather like to be able to switch audio track :-)

To jjazdk: Thanks for the suggestion about eos. It looks promising on the screenshots. I will definitely check it out! Do you know if its possible to switch audio tracks too?

jjazdk

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 07:09:41 am »

Yes, eos supports switching of audio tracks as well.

I primarily use eos, both on my tablet and on my smartphone.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 02:13:25 pm »

Hi again jjazdk

I tried the Eos app for Android and it was a very nice software. Better than Gizmo. But unfortunately I cant switch subtitles and audio tracks fully. It works when I use my tablet as a remote and playback on my PC. But my PC is in our office room and not close to our living room where the TV is so its connected through Ethernet and use DLNA.

How is your set up?

jjazdk

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 02:00:56 am »

Hi again jjazdk

I tried the Eos app for Android and it was a very nice software. Better than Gizmo. But unfortunately I cant switch subtitles and audio tracks fully. It works when I use my tablet as a remote and playback on my PC. But my PC is in our office room and not close to our living room where the TV is so its connected through Ethernet and use DLNA.

How is your set up?

Ahhh... I always use Eos as a remote for my HTPC.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 06:20:53 am »

I use EOS on an Android phone controlling my Mac running MC22.0.93 .  I can't get subtitle or audio switching to work.  When I press the button on EOS (toggle audio) it brings up a rectangle on screen with the current audio track.  If I was using a keyboard, I'd press right arrow to cycle through the audio tracks.  But with EOS I can't figure out what to do next.  If I try to swipe anywhere on screen, the dialog just closes.

Maybe this works on a bigger screen Android with additional area to swipe or buttons I can't see or something?

Brian.

jjazdk

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 06:32:21 am »

I use EOS on an Android phone controlling my Mac running MC22.0.93 .  I can't get subtitle or audio switching to work.  When I press the button on EOS (toggle audio) it brings up a rectangle on screen with the current audio track.  If I was using a keyboard, I'd press right arrow to cycle through the audio tracks.  But with EOS I can't figure out what to do next.  If I try to swipe anywhere on screen, the dialog just closes.

Maybe this works on a bigger screen Android with additional area to swipe or buttons I can't see or something?

Brian.

I run EOS as a remote on a 10" tablet and my 5" Sony Xperia Z2 Android phone. Subtitle and audio switching works on both devices.

When I press the button in EOS, I get a rectangle in the center of the screen with three buttons. One for subtitles, one for audio and one to close the rectangle.
Pressing the subtitle or audio button, it skips to the next subtitle/audio track. This is visible on screen in the player (Windows PC).
Pages: [1]   Go Up