INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jukebox/Zen plugin 0.16  (Read 1157 times)

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
Jukebox/Zen plugin 0.16
« on: July 10, 2003, 11:13:53 pm »

Tested it out a little bit this evening. All outstanding bugs (that I was aware of) appear to have been fixed--specifically the one where it would download the wrong version of a song to the player if two songs had the same name.

Here are some other issues that I have run into:

• When viewing Handheld playlists in MC, the playlist is sorted based on your view settings. Should sort based on the order in the playlist on the device. (low priority, IMHO, since the playlists DO transfer correctly)
  • I have many playlists, one of which is a smartlist for "[media type]=audio" (all audio). I just deleted all tracks from my Zen, then synched all playlists. Later, I deleted some songs from my MC library. Then, I synched again, this time with "delete songs" checked. It appears that the plug-in deleted all tracks from my Zen before the synch, meaning that basically my whole library was re-transferred. Not technically a bug, but very inefficient!
  • What transfer speed are people getting? With USB 2.0, a 7800 RPM drive, and a 1.3 GHz AMD Athlon processor, I'm getting between 1 and 3 Megabytes per second. With Notmad Explorer, I get between 20 and 40 Megabytes per second. IMHO, small price to pay for being able to synch Album Artist and easily keep my playlists updated, but mildly annoying.

Let me just say that I'm very happy with the current state of the Nomad/Zen plugin. It does basically everything I want it to do, and makes it possible to do things (Album Artist transfer to Artist on handheld) that I couldn't do otherwise. These are minor nits, in my eyes.

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Jukebox/Zen plugin 0.16
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 11:33:23 pm »

What transfer speed are people getting? With USB 2.0, a 7800 RPM drive, and a 1.3 GHz AMD Athlon processor, I'm getting between 1 and 3 Megabytes per second. With Notmad Explorer, I get between 20 and 40 Megabytes per second. IMHO, small price to pay for being able to synch Album Artist and easily keep my playlists updated, but mildly annoying.

Cancel that. I just re-checked, and Notmad reports speed in bits per sec, not bytes. So 20 to 40 Mbps = 2.5 to 5 MBps--comparable between Notmad and MC plug-in. Yay MC!

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 10:53:01 am »

Another likely bug--here is how to reproduce:

Create a playlist containing two or more tracks with the same Name, but different Artist and/or Album--e.g.

All Along the Watchtower - Bob Dylan
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
All Along the Watchtower - Dave Matthews Band
House of the Rising Sun - Bob Dylan
House of the Rising Sun - Dolly Parton
House of the Rising Sun - Peter, Paul, and Mary

Note that Nomad Jukebox does not consider these tracks as duplicates because they have different Artists. Synch this playlist to Nomad. The resulting playlist on the Zen will only have one of track of each repeated name--e.g the playlist on the Zen might contain:

All Along the Watchtower - Dave Matthews Band
House of the Rising Sun - Peter, Paul, and Mary

Sorry to have to report this bug and make more work for Steve... This bug is consistent and reproduceable.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 02:16:37 pm »

Loraan,

There is a new Plugin (9.0.17). This should fix the Playlist sorting issue.

The delete not in synch and the last bug you reported will need to be fixed Monday.

Steve

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 04:09:23 pm »

Steve,

Thanks, as usual, for your excellent service. Hope you're well rewarded--you deserve to be!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 02:03:32 pm »

Loraan,

I tried to cover these issues in the new Plugin (9.0.18) Lets pick up the discussion of this at the following thread...

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1057682940

I will close this one to simplify tracking this.

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up