INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Further Net (mp3f)  (Read 2469 times)

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
Further Net (mp3f)
« on: July 14, 2003, 07:41:45 am »

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the legal concert swapping program called FurtherNet (http://www.furthurnet.com/) ?

When i get concerts from this site and view them from Windows Explorer, it shows up not as mp3, but as mp3f (which i assume is an encription of FurtherNet). All concerts must be submitted to this site before they are available for download, therefore its resonable to believe that they encript it somehow before releasing it.

The only thing is, they show up as mp3 in MC9, and i have no way of tagging the actual mp3 file unless i convert it to regular mp3. It also does a number with my iPod (i cant take the songs off the iPod once theyre on there).

Is anyone familiar with an issue like this? ?

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

salsbst1

• World Citizen
Re: Further Net (mp3f)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 08:14:08 am »

When i get concerts from this site and view them from Windows Explorer, it shows up not as mp3, but as mp3f (which i assume is an encription of FurtherNet).

I don't think Furthur encrypts the music.  In my experience the .mp3f is a folder, containing an MP3 and .txt files (such as the set list).

All concerts must be submitted to this site before they are available for download, therefore its resonable to believe that they encript it somehow before releasing it.

I think that, After an inintial handshake to get connected to the network, FurthurNet is relatively true P2P.  There is no site to which one submits their files.  One simply shares the files from their local hard drive.

The only thing is, they show up as mp3 in MC9, and i have no way of tagging the actual mp3 file unless i convert it to regular mp3. It also does a number with my iPod (i cant take the songs off the iPod once theyre on there).

Is anyone familiar with an issue like this? ?

Haven't had a problem yet.  But I mostly look for .shn files on FurthurNet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up