INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung BluRay will not play Multichannel audio with MC DLNA servers  (Read 1112 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

We recently added a Samsung BD-J5700 BluRay to the living room setup - the wife insisted we get a Netflix enabled device upstairs - plus this little guy will handle Bluray and stream our extensive MKV library to an older Panasonic HDTV.

It is connected via Optical to an aging (but still very functional) Bose 3-2-1 GS Series 2 Home theater system. The Bose handles Dolby 5.1 etc with no issue.

My issue is getting MC DLNA to deliver proper multichannel audio to this player when I select an MKV file. If I start with the "Generic DLNA" server exposed by MC - the video files are listed correctly - but all audio regardless of file comes in as either DD 2.0 or PCM 2.0.

Then I created a custom DLNA server using the "Samsung BD" template and messed around with a few of the options - like setting the Video mode to Orginal etc. That resulted in a number of odd things on the Sammy - the most annoying being that out of our 250 movies - 248 of them are MKV and just two are DVD rips (with a VOB folder structure). When I set the DLNA server to Video mode Original - the Samsung refuses to see any of the MKV files and only listed the 2 movies ripped from DVD.

Very confused on what settings I need to put together to allow my to stream standard 5.1 MKV files using a MC DLNA server container to this player and have the audio come through as 5.1.

Appreciate any tips on what I am obviously missing here.

Cheers!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up