INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessing music files from server across network  (Read 1422 times)

pmakres1

Accessing music files from server across network
« on: April 15, 2017, 07:01:39 pm »

Hey Gang...this is my first post on the forum. I have MC19 and also MC22 on my laptop, connected wirelessly to my network. I also have a desktop PC that is Ethernet connected.
I have a McIntosh MS750 Music server in another room connected to the network. I am able to access the over 900 albums on the server ("Content" folder) from either PC via
Windows Explorer (Network folder). However, when I try to access the server through the JRiver Explorer, when I click the MS750 Content folder, I get the "busy" donut spinning and spinning and the albums are never accessed. I realize that there are a lot of files, but Windows Explorer accesses the server reasonably quickly, and it seems that JRiver Media Center should do the same. Any thoughts? Thanks!

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Accessing music files from server across network
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 06:40:02 pm »

Have you tried importing the music folder where all the files are stored into the "media center" library?
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up