INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No pull down menus using VNC on NUC/Ubuntu MC22  (Read 2570 times)

daleherman

No pull down menus using VNC on NUC/Ubuntu MC22
« on: April 16, 2017, 03:42:10 pm »

HI,

I'm using a NUC with Ubuntu and MC22 and when I connect via VNC, I cannot get menu items. Shows up as a line and cannot select anything. Local view using a HDMI monitor works fine.

Any ideas or suggestions? I've tried two different VNC viewers with the same results. NUC is stored in cabinet and I'd like to access remotely...

Thanks,

Dale

patman

Re: No pull down menus using VNC on NUC/Ubuntu MC22
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 06:52:49 pm »

Same issue, on Zotac AD10.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:16:35 pm »

If you both could provide a little more information about your environment (which VNC server, which VNC client, which desktop environment, what kind of graphics hardware, etc.) that would be helpful.  I had the same issue on my old debian jessie server, but it vanished after I upgraded to stretch and noone else on the forums could reproduce it.

You can see more info about the issue here (and downthread):

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106197.msg750626.html#msg750626

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 05:26:53 pm »

xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up