Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seq  (Read 3216 times)

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
Seq
« on: April 22, 2017, 02:55:33 am »

Hi,
I have been here about this before,and Jim did not seem to think it was an issue.

He offered up a suggestion,and it did not really suffice, and

I beg to disagree that there is not an issue here/this Seq (sequence) column drives me crazy it is always out of sequence

and never in order,and is also disruptive to the track number sequence/I have to click on the track column,

to reorder the tracks.I have put up with this long enough,I would like to be able to permanently disable/remove the

Seq column so it does not return every time I open JRiver.

As a long time JRiver User and I update to  every new release/I do not think it is much to ask,

to be able to disable this in the settings if I so desire

Thank you

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Seq
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:32:08 am »

could you point us to those posts, and or explain again what view you are talking about, as this post is very unclear as to what you are trying to achieve....once you have your view set up save it...use tabs for viewing and don't close them.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 04:49:10 am »

The sequence column, seen in Playing Now, and playlist views, is handy, and serves a purpose.

Although I don't use them much, the point of a playlist is that it keeps tracks in the order you want, usually, the order they are added.

If you apply a different sorting to the list, the sequence numbers are maintained so that the list can be easily returned to it's original order.
I believe that in Playing Now, the player will play tracks in sequence order, regardless of how the list is sorted at any given time during playback.

If you want the current order viewed to be preserved, simply select all tracks, right click, and use the "Update order" command. This will update the sequence number from 1 to x and until you change it again, this will be the new, preserved order of your tracks.

or am I missing something else here?

-marko

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 05:27:46 am »

The sequence column, seen in Playing Now, and playlist views, is handy, and serves a purpose.

\-marko

You nailed it.....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 05:35:47 pm »

Thank you Citizen's Marko and Tao1857,

I am checking out the update order command

it is always great to get good helpful advice

apologies for the slow reply/was not at home

Regards

sadaunhe1

• Recent member
Re:Update order for sequence numbers
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 03:38:48 pm »

Hello,

This is just a quick update to this topic...

I don't know how the play order in "Playing Now" could be updated before MC 23, however, in trying to follow these instructions, I discovered that there is a variation, if you are casting music to DLNA player, over a network. This true for my Denon AVR-X3000...it may not be true for other devices.

When I tried to select and right click the highlighted list in "Playing Now" that was being cast to my receiver, the "Update order" command was not present in the menu that appeared. However, when I right clicked the receiver in the list of devices at the upper left corner, it was present and worked exactly as described.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,
Sadaunhe1

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 06:12:07 pm »

Interesting. That sounds like a bug, or an oversight, or a change of design.

Because selecting all files in the Playing Now list and selecting the target device (your receiver) should work exactly the same.

I guess only so much can be fitted into those right-click menus though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up