INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume scales and UPnP renderer as audio card output  (Read 1483 times)

Chipicui

• Junior Woodchuck
Volume scales and UPnP renderer as audio card output
« on: April 22, 2017, 01:03:08 pm »

Hi... I'm newbie in JRiver, being a long time loyal user and lover of foobar2000 but recently I was looking for an integral solution for media playing so I made the change.
I must say that I'm really impressed by your absolutely wonderful, stable and nicely designed software.
I have some doubts concerning UPnP playing to my Marantz SR5009.
Works wonderfully, but i'd like to know two things:
1) my AVR has a volume range indication of -79.xdB to 0dB being (hopefully) calibrated in such a way that 0dB would be reference 0VU. (don't know if it goes beyond 0dB.... I never listen to music so loud)
Today I was listening (through UPnP) at -20dB in the AVR and taking a look at MC volume indication it was displaying 72%
Is there a way to know how this two scales relate to each other?... or changing the display in JRiver to coincide to the AVR?.... because I can't get my head around this discrepancy.
2) foobar has an absolutely awesome feature: you can configure an UPnP renderer as an audio output so that you just play the foobar gapless stream as if you were playing to a physical output.
Is there anything similar in JRiver? ... using my AVR as zone I'm not getting gapless playing, while it did it in foobar.
Thanks a lot for your time and for this exceptional software.

krmasson

• World Citizen
Re: Volume scales and UPnP renderer as audio card output
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:17:06 am »

2) : Yes, there is an option for playing gapless, it is located in
Tools/option/Audio/Track change

Regards
CM

Chipicui

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Volume scales and UPnP renderer as audio card output
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 09:13:12 am »

@krmasson thank you very much for your answer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up