INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 9.0.180 and Pinnacle TV Tuner  (Read 760 times)

Kinlay

• nothing more to say...
MC 9.0.180 and Pinnacle TV Tuner
« on: July 12, 2003, 02:12:55 pm »

Hi,

I'm using the lateste (from auto download anyway) 9.0.180 version of Media Center. During a beta it worked with my TV Card (Pinnacle PCTV Pro) but on the current version it complains about wrong Country Code. It seems that Media Center does not detect my Country Code correctly. I'm living in Norway. On the earlier builds I was able to choose another country, auto scan and see TV, but now it drops out with an error (I still hear sound in the background) saying "put_CountryCode failed. Cannot setup TVTuner. Code: 0x80070057". This happens when I double click on a channel (that used to work) and it says starting TV tuner. Player window is black, but I can hear the sound. MC is then stuck and I must use TaskManager to kill it.

Pls - could you add some more countries to your list !?
It seems that the deriver works fine, it's just the Country code that's the problem.

Thx - Kinlay

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MC 9.0.180 and Pinnacle TV Tuner
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 04:17:39 pm »

could you add some more countries to your list

Do you mean Norway is not in the list? A country is in the list only if the program detects the TV standard used in the country is supported. Is PAL_B the standard used in Norway?

Click Options button below the "Available Channels" window. Then click "Advanced" button. Are you able to get the "TV Options" property sheet (with Audio, Display, Recording, and Advanced Properties pages)?

If yes, click "Advanced Properties" tab, and double click "Video Capture Filter..." in the list window. You should get a dialog showing a "Video Standard" drop-down box. Do you see PAL_B (or whichever that is used in Norway) listed there?

Now try click Reset button on "Advanced Properties" page. You will be asked to select your country again. Will this help clearing up the error?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up