INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Unable to Wake  (Read 2568 times)

DavidMW

• World Citizen
JRemote Unable to Wake
« on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:46 pm »

I am running MC on the Id. Normally I pick up the iPhone, launch or resume JRemote, and I'm good to go. Occasionally (like every few days), I will get the wake screen with a wake button in order to continue with JRemote. After pressing it, the app spins for a few seconds and then returns back to the wake screen.  The only resolution is to wait until I get home and reboot the Id.  Any solutions for this?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Unable to Wake
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 01:39:57 pm »

I am running MC on the Id. Normally I pick up the iPhone, launch or resume JRemote, and I'm good to go. Occasionally (like every few days), I will get the wake screen with a wake button in order to continue with JRemote. After pressing it, the app spins for a few seconds and then returns back to the wake screen.  The only resolution is to wait until I get home and reboot the Id.  Any solutions for this?
The Id shouldn't go into sleep mode ever. It will go into a low power cpu mode but not sleep.
If for some reason it does, I suspect the bios settings have changed. That's the first place to check.
To actually implement wake over wan, you need to be able to configure your router to port forward wake requests to the Id (or PC for that matter if you were trying to do the same thing with a PC).

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 02:02:31 pm »

Thanks. Interestingly, the same things happened this morning (a non-responsive wake button). After terminating the JRemote app and relaunching, JRemote worked. But that was not the case yesterday (I had to reboot the Id). What do I need to change in the bios settings to prevent the Id from entering the sleep mode?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 04:23:16 pm »

Thanks. Interestingly, the same things happened this morning (a non-responsive wake button). After terminating the JRemote app and relaunching, JRemote worked. But that was not the case yesterday (I had to reboot the Id). What do I need to change in the bios settings to prevent the Id from entering the sleep mode?
I've noticed that behavior from the outside with JRemote occasionally as well. I suspect it might be because when the connection is kept from a previous connect over the WAN the IP address often changes. What I did was to set JRemote to not connect by default and select my MC server in JRemote when I bring it up.

The WOL settings in the bios are under Power
PCie ASPM support disabled
WOL from s4/s5 Stay off.

If you think it is actually sleeping and you REALLY want to play with WOL, turn on the WOL support to normal boot and test it with JRemote and the wake function on your lan first.

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 05:22:13 am »

I've noticed that behavior from the outside with JRemote occasionally as well. I suspect it might be because when the connection is kept from a previous connect over the WAN the IP address often changes. What I did was to set JRemote to not connect by default and select my MC server in JRemote when I bring it up.
Okay, I won't mess with the bios now. To do the less evasive action as you suggest, I went into JRemote settings, and turned off the "autoconnect to last server on launch". Is that the correct process?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 09:03:06 am »

Okay, I won't mess with the bios now. To do the less evasive action as you suggest, I went into JRemote settings, and turned off the "autoconnect to last server on launch". Is that the correct process?
Yes

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 02:14:32 pm »

Perhaps something else is going on. I am unable to bring JRemote back from sleep. I hit the wake button but nothing happens. This has now occurred for the 4th day in a row. I go home and reboot the Id and then I'm good to go, until the next day.  >:(

Based on yesterday's experience after JRemote was non-responsive, I opened MC on the Id and saw that MC was trying to log in as if the Id rebooted on its on. MC jammed at the login because I'm having difficulty with the license number (an entirely different issue I'm working with JRiver via email). Once I keyed in the license number, I was good to go. I was enjoying the JRemote as I drove to work today, and then checked midday and BAM, JRemote would not wake.

Here is the connection info:

Connecting to saved addresses

Connecting to IP: 192.168.1.172 Port: 52198

Could not connect (An error occurred while sending the request)

Connecting to IP: pool-108-45-161-84.washdc.fios.verizon.net Port: 52198

Connecting to IP: pool-108-45-161-84.washdc.fios.verizon.net Port: 52198

Fetching updated addresses from jriver.com using access key 'N______'

Response received
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Response Status="OK">
<keyid>NziSxe</keyid>
<ip>pool-108-45-161-84.washdc.fios.verizon.net</ip>
<port>52198</port>
<localiplist>192.168.1.172</localiplist>
<macaddresslist>f4-4d-30-67-ab-5d</macaddresslist>
</Response>

2 addresses found (192.168.1.172 - pool-108-45-161-84.washdc.fios.verizon.net)

No new IP-addresses found. Updated addresses identical to current.

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 11:23:03 am »

Mystery solved  :D

MC on the Id was originally set up with port 52198 (52199 is the port on my windows computer). Even after setting the server port on JRemote to 52198, but JRemote kept flipping back to 52199 and would not connect (or "wake"). I went into my router settings and deleted the port connection to the windows computer, changed the Id port setting to 52199, and it worked without fail (two days and running).

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 01:25:51 pm »

I have not been able to connect to my server for a couple of days.  Tells me theres 2 IP's that are the (there are not).

Background is I just got a new IPAD.  So 2 iPads, two PC's that run MC.  I have powered off the old IPAD, and unchecked sever on one of the PC's.  I cannot get around this and would appreciate any help.  I've done all the basics like verifying keys, verifying my rioter is forwarding properly (although this is strictly on homey LAN.  None of my PC's ever go sleep.

Also, is there a way to delete outdated server entries on my server screen?

Thanks Much

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up