INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 - Winkey+X Shortcuts and MC Shell Integration  (Read 3461 times)

elprice7345

• World Citizen
Windows 10 - Winkey+X Shortcuts and MC Shell Integration
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:37:59 am »

I originally posted about this issue here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,103473.msg739911.html#msg739911
In Win10, if you right-click on the Windows button or press Winkey+X, you get a list of Power User shortcuts.

I had MC shell integration turned on before I upgraded. After the upgrade, I was unable to access the Winkey+X shortcuts.

After some searching and troubleshooting, I determined it was because MC shell integration was on.

I toggled shell integration off and then back on again and now everything works fine again.

I had to do this again with the most recent Windows 10 Creators Update, v1703.

Could someone fix this bug please?

bwaldron

• World Citizen
Re: Windows 10 - Winkey+X Shortcuts and MC Shell Integration
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 02:44:12 pm »

I also have had to once again disable the JRiver shell integration. I don't much use Win-X, but after the Creators Update, I found that I could no longer open folder shortcuts that I had pinned to the explorer taskbar icon. Unfortunately, the JRiver shell extension has become my usual suspect for these types of things with Windows 10 -- and sure enough, disabling it fixed the problem.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 11:58:16 am »

Had this issue again with Windows Creators Update.

Can this be fixed in MC23?

SiGuy

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 05:02:07 pm »

I'm also seeing this problem in MC22 on Win10/latest.  Can you tell us where fixing this sits in the queue for MC22 and MC23?

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 12:10:52 am »

After upgrading Windows 10 to the Creators Update, I had the same problem as the OP. Most Win-X menu entries didn't work. In addition, I found that right-clicking ANY program file shortcut and choosing "Run as Administrator" ALSO was broken, no matter how the shortcut was located (e.g. from the Start Menu directly, pressing WIN and typing, desktop shortcuts, etc.) Very annoying when you have to run an elevated command prompt or PowerShell to make a system change!

Through a process of elimination I tracked it down to the MC shell integration (JRShellExt.dll). Disabling this context menu handler with a tool called ShellExView fixed the problem. So then I re-enabled it, then toggled the option in MC's settings off, and back on again, and the shell integration now works WITHOUT interfering with my Win-X menu or "Run as Administrator".

I don't know if this is permanent, another Windows update might just break it again.

aimhere

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 06:53:35 pm »

This topic has been fixed in v24.

Thankyou!
Pages: [1]   Go Up