INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MC TV Feature Requests  (Read 22890 times)

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC TV Feature Requests
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:31:43 pm »

With MC31 online.... these are what's on my wish list:

- ATSC3 Encryption License (without DRM/copy protection).
- Proper DMS Server-Client functionality.
- Bitstream audio for DMS Live tv.

DONE- ATSC3 with AC-4 Audio support.
DONE- Dedicated Theater view page showing live view of what each/all the tuners are currently doing. Simple options could be = Idle, or Live Tv (channel + Server/Client), or Recording (channel + program name + duration).
DONE- Clients be able to see the Server's Tv logs and tuner status.
DONE- NEW episode badge in Theater View GUIDE.
DONE- Ability to toggle on/off automatic commercial skipping with remote while playing. In other words allow manual control of commercial skipping.
DONE- After finished watching a recorded show in Theater View (at the end of a show or when pressing stop), immediately show dialog box to Delete or Cancel (do not delete). Instead of having to navigate 6-8 button presses to Delete.
DONE- Watching Comcast music channels on Clients is horribly painful / impossible (select channel, wait 30 seconds for "buffering", press pause, wait 20 seconds, press play, pray that it works without hanging/crashing).
DONE- Option to automatically clear MC Logs on a configurable schedule. Resets based on file size.
DONE- Easier way to assign Tv Channel Logos.
DONE- The TBR list should at least highlight shows that WILL have tuner conflicts like late starts, or no tuner available at all, etc.

NA- Add a "button" in Theater View to restart MC (not restart PC). Done manually by assigning new button to MC Command Line option "MC25.exe /restart". Thanks RoderickGI
NA- Add a "button" in Theater View to perform Run Auto Import Now. Done manually by assigning new button to MC Command Line option for "MC25.exe /MCC 23020".

NITL:
- Enable MC to see/recognize ALL infrared signals coming into the PC for MC remote control LEARNING purposes, not just the handful of IR signals it currently allows.
- Easy Android App to view/edit recording schedule list.
- Fully functional MC Android App / Tv Client with Theater View UI.

EDIT for MC31 and reordered with most important at top.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

greynolds

Re: Remaining MC Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:19:54 pm »

- Fully functional MC Android App / Tv Client with Theater View.
Let's not forget iOS folks...  Seems to me these functions could be additions to JRemote.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 05:12:33 am »

Give me F6 functionality from the TV GUI please...  ;D

Asked for before and will ask here again.

It would make life a lot more straightforward if I could move and copy TV files without having to get out of TV and head over to Video.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC TV Feature Requests
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 12:46:17 am »

- Tv Guide selection does not stay pinned to left edge when scrolling up/down. Suddenly jumps way to the right, off the screen, then have to find it and get it back to the left.
+1. This is so annoying.

- After finished watching a recorded show in Theater View (at the end of a show or when pressing stop), immediately show dialog box to Delete or Cancel (do not delete). Instead of having to navigate 6-8 button presses to Delete.
+1. This would be nice to have.

This. A way to remotely view the guide and schedule recordings, via app or webgizmo. I've been asking for this for years now.

- Fully functional MC Android App / Tv Client with Theater View.
Theater View I'm not sure about, but I'm on board for being able to watch TV through Gizmo.

About the only other things I'd like to see (besides TV on Mac / Linux which *I know* isn't coming anytime soon) are Picture in Picture, and multiplexing of channels, so if i'm watching a channel, and recording another on the same stream, it only uses one tuner.

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 11:08:30 am »

I would love a few features in MC23
1) When the TV is recording that the Icon in the system tray (Lower right corner) would turn red
2) The scheduled recordings would highlight recording conflicts (IE when recording requests outnumber available tuners) (On the page "to be recorded)
3) For windows it would be great if MC23 server would run as a service and start with system startup... 

Thanks

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »

multiplexing of channels, so if i'm watching a channel, and recording another on the same stream, it only uses one tuner.
+1

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 05:51:19 am »

For MC23 TV feature request - I would like to see a small change. When in Theater View>TV after selecting the TV Channel to watch, when pressing the Enter button on the remote I would like the channel to start playing without any further action/input required. Just like on a standard TV set.

Currently when you press the Enter button it brings you to a new screen with "Back, Watch, Record, Subscription, Record by Time, ...". I don't need all that. I just want to watch the channel. I can still record the program on the fly using the remote's record button. The rest of those choices (like setting up a subscription) I do in the Standard View.

greynolds

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 08:47:13 am »

For MC23 TV feature request - I would like to see a small change. When in Theater View>TV after selecting the TV Channel to watch, when pressing the Enter button on the remote I would like the channel to start playing without any further action/input required. Just like on a standard TV set.

Currently when you press the Enter button it brings you to a new screen with "Back, Watch, Record, Subscription, Record by Time, ...". I don't need all that. I just want to watch the channel. I can still record the program on the fly using the remote's record button. The rest of those choices (like setting up a subscription) I do in the Standard View.
At the same time, the user shouldn't be ~forced~ to go to Standard View to setup a subscription.  One of the relatively big things Yaobing worked on over the course of MC22 was to make it possible to perform nearly all TV functions from Theater View.  This was partly to help migrate Windows Media Center users over to JRiver, but it also makes sense to be able to use Theater View's "10 foot user interface" as a fully functional DVR with just a remote control.

Something I hope they'll put some focus on in MC23 is to add TV aware views to the remote control options, such as JRemote.  Just a few specific examples are a nice view of the guide data (ideally with functionality to watch or record a selected guide entry) and the ability to manage subscriptions / upcoming recordings.  This is one of the big pieces that's currently missing from JRemote.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 08:52:24 am »

What happens if you press Play instead of Enter, as in every other Theatre View screen? 

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 08:55:13 am »

At the same time, the user shouldn't be ~forced~ to go to Standard View to setup a subscription.  One of the relatively big things Yaobing worked on over the course of MC22 was to make it possible to perform nearly all TV functions from Theater View.  This was partly to help migrate Windows Media Center users over to JRiver, but it also makes sense to be able to use Theater View's "10 foot user interface" as a fully functional DVR with just a remote control.

Once you setup your default subscription settings, you can press the record button on a program twice and it will subscribe. Is this what you're talking about, or do you mean that actual setting up off your default subscription settings?

greynolds

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 09:08:27 am »

Once you setup your default subscription settings, you can press the record button on a program twice and it will subscribe. Is this what you're talking about, or do you mean that actual setting up off your default subscription settings?
Yes, I know that you can double click Record to setup a subscription.  I also know that you can modify most of the subscription settings for upcoming recordings in Theater View now.

But here's a specific example of missing functionality in Theater View: I don't believe there's a way to modify an existing Recording Rule in Theater View when there aren't any recordings scheduled for it; you currently need to go to Standard View -> Television -> Recording Rules to do that.

The main point in my previous response was to be very careful that any changes that are made don't end up forcing the user to exit Theater View to do something that can currently be done in Theater View.  I'm all for making improvements that make the product easier to use, just not at the expense of losing functionality some find important.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 06:05:06 pm »

What happens if you press Play instead of Enter, as in every other Theatre View screen?

You beat me to that answer. Play starts playing the TV channel in one click.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 08:05:51 am »

We're just talking about new features.

In my perfect MC, Theater View is about displaying the choices for watching/listening-to media and starting playback immediately, and Standard View is for all the back-end work.

On the remote, the thumb rests naturally on the up-down-left-right button with "Enter in the center". So after you move around the menu, when you want to start the activity your thumb is on the Enter button. Trying to locate the "Play" button (at top of remote) makes a simple task of starting playback more difficult. Just saying....

In my perfect MC, you would have an option "not have that intermediary screen" (Enter acts like the Play button in this case) or to have it work the same as it now does, depending how you like to use MC.

greynolds

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 09:47:19 am »

On the remote, the thumb rests naturally on the up-down-left-right button with "Enter in the center". So after you move around the menu, when you want to start the activity your thumb is on the Enter button. Trying to locate the "Play" button (at top of remote) makes a simple task of starting playback more difficult. Just saying....
Maybe you just need to use a different remote. :)  On mine, the Enter and Play buttons are pretty close to each other.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 11:10:37 am »

Maybe you just need to use a different remote. :)  On mine, the Enter and Play buttons are pretty close to each other.

If I change remotes - then there would not be a need for a new "feature".  :D

This thread is about adding features (not removing any) - so the choice in the settings would be "Do it CountryBumkin's way" or "leave it as is". No one loses.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 12:59:49 am »

I'd like the ability to set the extend recording time based on the type of TV show. For instance, I'd like to automatically extend sports programming out an additional 30 minutes, but don't need this buffer for sitcoms.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 02:11:22 am »

I'd like the ability to set the extend recording time based on the type of TV show. For instance, I'd like to automatically extend sports programming out an additional 30 minutes, but don't need this buffer for sitcoms.

I'm sure you know, but you can set start and end padding times per Recording Rule. I do this for MotoGP and other sport recordings, particularly if they are late at night.

Isn't that good enough? I guess having different defaults by program Genre would make setting recordings in Theatre View quicker and easier.

If there were any rules around default padding amounts for a recording, I would like them associated with the time of the recording. i.e. In a previous application I used, there were three (or more) time zones used for default paddings; Daytime, Prime Time, and Late Night. Each had their own adjustable default, like 15 minutes for Daytime, 5 minutes for Prime Time, 30 minutes for Late Night, or similar.

Actually I find the padding functionality works pretty well in MC. I would love to have a quick and simple video trim function though, so that once a recording was made, if I wished to keep it, I could quickly trim the padding off the start and end, without having to do any conversion or re-encoding.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 10:49:34 pm »

Yep, it's a request to enable my laziness. Sometimes I just like to hit the record button when I'm walking out the door and would like the padding to be handled automatically based on the genre. For sports recordings I usually just scroll over and record the two following shows and that usually does the trick unless it's an extremely long and therefore exciting event  :-X

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 11:26:05 pm »

;D ;D ;D

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 07:42:34 pm »

- Tv Guide selection does not stay pinned to left edge when scrolling up/down. Suddenly jumps way to the right, off the screen, then have to find it and get it back to the left.
- After finished watching a recorded show in Theater View (at the end of a show or when pressing stop), immediately show dialog box to Delete or Cancel (do not delete). Instead of having to navigate 6-8 button presses to Delete.

+1 These two changes would make everyday TV usage pretty much on par with what we used to enjoy with Microsoft's Media Center.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 01:31:40 pm »

Tv Guide selection does not stay pinned to left edge when scrolling up/down. Suddenly jumps way to the right, off the screen, then have to find it and get it back to the left.

Yes - this was reported and fixed (once) a while back (.31 I think) then it stopped working.

I tried to find the earlier reports on this but couldn't. Hopefully Yaobing will see this thread and look into it. I believe the earlier last time was happening when you went from a channel with say a couple of shows with 30 minute time slots, to the next channel which has a longer running show (say 2 hours) and the start time of the show is already off the grid.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 09:14:05 am »

These will be in an upcoming new build:

1. NEW: "Library Tools" context menu in standard television view, when TV recordings are listed.
2. NEW: F6 and F12 support in standard television view, when TV recordings are listed.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 09:23:43 am »

This has been done.

23.0.2 (6/9/2017)

23. Changed: Improved Theater View television guide grid navigation.  Moving around in the grid near a long program (12 hours for example) using arrow keys now behaves much more sensibly.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 12:22:37 pm »

I would like the option to automatically save a live TV recording (w/ time-shifting so I can resume playback) until I start playing another channel. Here is the problem scenario that has bitten me a number of times:

If I am not recording a show but am watching it live, I'll frequently pause playback to let the show buffer in order to be able to skip commercials. For whatever reason the "Pause" button on my MCE remote sometimes triggers my TV to shut off. Other times I (or the pets) have accidentally hit the stop button on the remote during this time-shifting buffer where I might be 30 minutes or even an hour behind the live show. When either of these events happen I immediately lose all of the time-shifting and I have to start watching the show live again where I may have missed an hour or more.

I'd like there to be some way to recover the current time shifting if playback is accidentally stopped and I think that the current time-shifting options are insufficient. I don't want to ALWAYS save time-shifting temp since I record to an SSD and have limited space. I also don't want to be prompted to save or discard every time I stop playback. I think the functionality could be handled automatically (i.e. "Save until channel change or timeout"):

Ideally I think it would be nice if you were currently time-shifting, it would be automatically saved from the point the playback was halted or stopped, and re-entering the same channel would prompt MC to begin playback where you left off. If you enter a different channel or waited longer than some set amount (say, 5 minutes) then the time-shifting cache would be discarded.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 01:21:14 pm »

If I understand you correctly, you want to go back to the saved buffer.  That is not possible in a sense that a new session on the same channel is always started in a new buffer.  There is no way of re-using the same buffer the way it is now.  I will have to take a hard look at this and see if I can find a way to do it.  But it is an interesting idea.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 04:05:32 pm »

This has been done.

... and nicely done too - works fine in the Beta build. Thanks.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 05:46:54 pm »

It's a small thing, but rewarding for wife and I, and probably easy: In Theater View, when the screen fades out after inactivity to prevent burn-in, allow it to come back on by pressing the remote's "Menu" or "Guide" keys, rather than only by the four direction keys. Right now pressing either "Menu" or "Guide" keys after fade-out has occurred navigates to the function you'd expect, but the screen remains black, and you still have to press a direction key to see anything.

Since we can't see the screen once it has faded out, pressing a direction button has a 1 in 5 chance of giving you what you wanted. But pressing the Menu or Guide button always takes you somewhere useful and should be enough to light up the screen again too.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 05:57:02 pm »

It's a small thing, but rewarding for wife and I, and probably easy: In Theater View, when the screen fades out after inactivity to prevent burn-in, allow it to come back on by pressing the remote's "Menu" or "Guide" keys, rather than only by the four direction keys. Right now pressing either "Menu" or "Guide" keys after fade-out has occurred navigates to the function you'd expect, but the screen remains black, and you still have to press a direction key to see anything.

Hopefully it'll do that reliably in a future MC23 build.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

rsbrux

• Recent member
CI / CAM Support
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 06:10:13 am »

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: Please support CI / CAM!
I have been following JRiver MC since 2007 because of its superior music features, such as extended metadata and multi-zone support.
However, CI / CAM support is essential for me, and I have therefore been using MediaPortal (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/) since then, with various different (DVB-C) TV tuners.  My current tuner is Digital Devices DuoFlex CT & Octopus Single CI. 
While MP is an excellent all-around HTPC solution, I am obviously not alone in the wish that JRiver support this:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99302.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80302.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85676.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=107943.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,71258
Presumably JRiver is afflicted by the same erosion in user base suffered by MP as a result of proliferating streaming services, smart TVs and OOB extenders, such as Apple TV and Chromecast.
MP is open source, so you can easily see how they are doing it.
Wouldn't you like to expand your user base to those seeking this feature?
I suspect that the target population would include most of Europe as well as a large portion of the rest of world.
FSC Scaleo E upgraded w/Intel DH67BLB3 & Core i3 - 2100 3.1 GHz CPU
DigitalDevices DuoFlex CT & Octopus single CI

pge

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 05:25:34 am »

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: Please support CI / CAM!

+1

What is a media center without TV?

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 10:20:45 pm »

New request - The TBR list should at least highlight shows that WILL have tuner conflicts (like late starts, or no tuner available at all, etc).

JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 04:59:22 pm »

Smooth(er) seeking when FF/RW a time-shifted TV show.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2018, 02:02:22 am »

I'd love the ability to trigger external(comskip) and internal(convert format) commands when a recording completes.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2018, 09:20:21 pm »

I have a Compro VideoMate E900F TV tuner card which works fine with standard Windows 10 drivers and MC23 as the viewing software. The software that cam e with the tuner stopped working a long time ago. In particuler the FM tuner software crashes everytime it's started. So on recent Win10 reinstall I left all of the drivers and software off and pleasently surprised it works fine without loading anything else!

While I enjoy the TV tuner in MC93 - I miss the FM radio tuner that this card is capable of driving. Any possibility of modifying the Television code to add this capability? Most TV tuner cards can also pickup FM radio?

David
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

jgirado

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 11:39:51 am »

Any plans for Closed Captions  (Live TV and replay recorded shows)?
Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2018, 02:30:01 pm »

Any plans for Closed Captions  (Live TV and replay recorded shows)?
Thanks!

It is still in our plan, but I do not know when I will be able to finish it.

audioriver

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 07:55:05 am »

Any chance we'll see this?
Windows 10 Pro x64

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 04:17:26 pm »

Possibly.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2018, 08:26:18 pm »

I may be a 0.01% case, but I'll gladly buy a license for a newer version of MC once it supports ATSC closed captions. Until then I'll likely stay put on MC23. EDIT: Thank you, works great!

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2018, 06:17:08 pm »

- Enable MC to see/recognize ALL infrared signals coming into the PC for MC remote control LEARNING purposes, not just the handful of IR signals it currently allows.

New request.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2018, 06:26:09 pm »

Unless you've found a bug that nobody else has seen, I don't think this is a JRiver problem.  Sorry.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2018, 06:28:51 pm »

Unless you've found a bug that nobody else has seen, I don't think this is a JRiver problem.  Sorry.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111678.0.html

Confirmed by RoderickGI. MC does NOT see all IR commands, only a handful.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2018, 08:08:26 pm »

Correct.

The Learn function for blasting IR commands may be able to learn all sort of IR codes (I've never checked as I don't use a blaster), but the Learn function for internal use in MC only seems to be able to use a slightly extended version of MCE codes... which somewhat defeats the purpose and has prevented me adding more functionality to using my remote.

I will qualify that I am using an internally mounted CIR Receiver from Inteset. It should receive all IR commands that use the same standard as an MCE remote, which is the RC6 protocol.

I use the Harmony 880 Media Center SE Profile, but MC can't see many IR codes available in that profile, including most Alt+?, Ctrl+?, Ctrl+Alt+?, Win+?, as well as several other commands. I have also tried in the past to use IR commands from other electronics, by using TV, DVD, CD remote controls. The MC learning function doesn't see commands from those remotes.

Attached is a summary of my findings if you are interested and can make sense of it. There is a legend, of sorts.

Len_Lekx

• Recent member
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2018, 08:34:08 am »

One thing I'd like to see (posted this before as a separate message - sorry...)

When using an IR blaster to change the channel on a STB, an option to blast a 'Power-On' command before the channel numbers would be nice.  Even if it's a "Just-In-Case" option for boxes that turn themselves off after a programmed amount of inactivity.   :)

Len_Lekx

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2018, 08:42:35 pm »

Alternatively - the option to run scripts and external IR-blaster services instead of the built-in blaster...

loddie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2018, 08:56:24 pm »

Featured request: ability to delay video for live TV feed.  That way audio can pass through lengthy DSP filters and remain in sync with video. Would likely require ability to buffer video frames in RAM.

Discussions here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112495.0.html

here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,116904.0.html

and here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109302.msg756539.html#msg756539

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
MC 25 TV Feature Requests
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 07:09:52 pm »

Please add a new episode "badge" in the Theater View guide. MC obviously knows which episodes are new so it will record them, right? So why not put a badge/icon in the Theater View guide?

Not Me

• Recent member
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2019, 05:08:52 pm »

On an old help page (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/TV_Advanced_Properties#TV_Audio) is this

TV Audio
You can select audio mode offered by broadcasters. Usually you can choose among "Stereo", "Mono", "Language A", "Language B" (or SAP) etc.

There does not seem to be any way to do this now. If I try to watch football I get the audio from the overhead camera and can't hear the announcers. This is OK some time but it would be good to have a way to change this. If I use the HDHomeRun TV software I get the normal audio program so JRiver is using an alternate audio source.

On the TV I have choices under SAP but I am running jriver on a Windows 10 PC with a Roland Super UA DAC which does not have any selections for that. Can we get this selection back please?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2019, 06:34:54 pm »

On an old help page (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/TV_Advanced_Properties#TV_Audio) is this

TV Audio
You can select audio mode offered by broadcasters. Usually you can choose among "Stereo", "Mono", "Language A", "Language B" (or SAP) etc.
That is for the old analog TV.

There does not seem to be any way to do this now. If I try to watch football I get the audio from the overhead camera and can't hear the announcers. This is OK some time but it would be good to have a way to change this. If I use the HDHomeRun TV software I get the normal audio program so JRiver is using an alternate audio source.

On the TV I have choices under SAP but I am running jriver on a Windows 10 PC with a Roland Super UA DAC which does not have any selections for that. Can we get this selection back please?

While a channel is playing, right-click the video window and choose "Audio Programs".  You may have two or three choices there.

Not Me

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2019, 10:18:35 pm »

It is hard to right click while something is playing when I am trying to set up recording for the show. How do I set this up for recording? My other TV recording software uses the correct audio channel by default.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up