INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dscaler inverting picture  (Read 4540 times)

dedidio

• Junior Woodchuck
dscaler inverting picture
« on: January 22, 2004, 04:57:16 pm »

title says it all really.

I've just set up my TV card and everything is fine.
I can play TV in MC (reasonable quality)
I can play TV in Dscaler (awesome quality)

When I come to enable deinterlace in MC the picture goes upside down and usually becomes a complete mess.

This occurs no-matter which setting I use; the in-built ones or the Dscaler plugins.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers.
http://www.theindependentstate.co.uk - Where everyone is as bored as you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:dscaler inverting picture
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 07:54:54 pm »

Try searching for other drivers for your card.

Please post the version you are using.  The best way is to visit MC/Help/System info and then paste here.

Please name the TV card you use.  Some benefit from new drivers.

dedidio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 06:21:26 am »

sorry for disappearing after posting this, been way too busy recently.

I have one of the old hauppauge cards without hardware mpeg encoding - the one with an FM radio aswell (WinTV-radio I think it's called)

I am running the latest drivers from hauppauge (WDM driver version wdm335_21125.exe)

compared with other software I am getting quite poor quality in MC - the brightness, contrast and colour is just wrong (no matter how long I spend sliding them sliders).

To get back to the initial issue, I am still experiencing the picture inverting when trying to use a deinterlace filter - is it possible I am trying to deinterlace a picture which is already deinterlaced?

On a different subject I am thinking of getting a hauppauge PVR 250 as I have heard the quality is much better with this card.  I have 2 queries related to this though which I was hoping people may be able to answer:  

Is it true that with the PVR 250 there is always a 2 second delay between changing channel on an external box (such as a satelite decoder) and seeing the change on screen.

Does anyone have plans to develop a TV guide plugin (probably using xmlTV) for MC thus enabling PVR (Personal Video Recorder) features?

Thanks in advance.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 10:19:45 am »

I have one of the old hauppauge cards without hardware mpeg encoding - the one with an FM radio aswell (WinTV-radio I think it's called)
Most WinTV PCI cards are similar.
I am running the latest drivers from hauppauge (WDM driver version wdm335_21125.exe)

compared with other software I am getting quite poor quality in MC - the brightness, contrast and colour is just wrong (no matter how long I spend sliding them sliders).
Try setting the preview video size. Go to TV Options dialog window, click "Advanced Properties" tab. Double-click "Video Preview Pin..." item in the list box, and experiment with Color Space (YUY2, RGB etc) and set size to 640 x 240 or 640 x 480. Beware however, if you set the size to 640 x 480, you will have problem recording. During recording you can only use 640 x 240 or lower for preview.
To get back to the initial issue, I am still experiencing the picture inverting when trying to use a deinterlace filter - is it possible I am trying to deinterlace a picture which is already deinterlaced?
Try different color space setting on preview pin (see above) .
Is it true that with the PVR 250 there is always a 2 second delay between changing channel on an external box (such as a satelite decoder) and seeing the change on screen.

Does anyone have plans to develop a TV guide plugin (probably using xmlTV) for MC thus enabling PVR (Personal Video Recorder) features?
I can not answer either of these questions. PVR250/350 are not supported in MC at this time, because they are digital, and use hardware encoding (I believe).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dedidio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 01:41:45 pm »

That is working now, the colour-space was the problem.  Thanks for that!

Pages: [1]   Go Up